Is it just me or are camaros a little bit disrespected? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 11:12 AM
$[-]()RTE

I will see a 69 dicke harrel in like a magazine im reading and will say aomething some1 will be like " dude that car is stupid" or "wow a camaro" and "its just a camaro". me personally, it makes me really mad! How about you? What do u think?

------------------
Chris B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 11:57 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
When I drive my car I get waves and honks and thumbs up from lots of people. I get a few that circle the gas station when I get gas and then they chirp their tires when they drive off.

You'll run into a someone every once in a while that has a rude comment but that guy probably doesn't have much good to say about anything!!

I got more flack for riding a $1000.00 bicycle than I ever would for my Camaros...

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 12:45 PM
Senior Tech
TJ

I think only Rustang owners or import lovers would ever speak poorly of a Camaro. Chances are they are jealous too. I recall seeing a Corvette ZR1 at the track one day and I went down to see it. As I stood there checking out the car, the guy in the next stall scoffs "what's so great, it's only a Corvette". I turned to look at his Porsche 944 and I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I said "yeah, that's my point, it's a CORVETTE ZR1! I drive the poor man's Porsche all the time too y'know, and THAT is no big whoop!". He was mad, but where does he get off saying stupid things like that? I mean, I might have taken him more seriously if he had a Porsche 911 of some sort, or a rare Porsche like a 959, but a 944 for cripe sake?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 03:15 PM
Senior Tech
Lonnie

I think 1st gen Camaro's are the best looking cars ever made. I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. Most people give me thumbs up though. Even Mustang guys.

------------------
67 Camaro 410sb 11.63 @117.6
67 Camaro 388 12.10 @110.6, best MPH 112.96
website
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 04:46 PM
Senior Tech
John

Most people give me waves and thumbs ups too. The only negative vibes I get about my car come from little tricked-out imports with multiple teen-aged passengers who point and rub their fingers together as if to insinuate that I have lot of cash. Hey, intake manifold for new honda = $400, intake for Camaro = $85 from Weiand.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 06:31 PM
Senior Tech

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think only Rustang owners <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and this is different how?

We all complain about people saying disparaging things about Camaros, yet we do the same thing.

David
'67 RS/SS as seen here
'02 Mustang GT
'99 Pontiac Montana
'01 'Benz SLK 320

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 07:24 PM
Senior Tech
TJ

Even a mustang buff will testify that their favorite car, the mustang, went to hell between 1972 and 1985. At least Camaro's have always looked rather cool, even in their eyes for the most part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode