Ok, what do you guys think of this one? Worth it? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Auction ended so I emailed him and asked him what he wants for it. He said he is asking $9,000.

Looks real nice. But I want to get more info first and someone in the area to take a look if possible.

Whatcha guys think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=600251406
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 09:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Tim,
I would suggest getting the cowl tag numbers from him and post them in the tag team section. Have you looked at collectorcartrader.com on the net? There is always something going on there. I would think with 10k you should be able to find something.

Good luck

------------------
Scott
68 SS BB project car
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 02, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Yes I have been searching traderonline.com every day. However I thought this one looked quite nice. Oh, and I havent yet seen anything as nice looking on traderonline.com as this eBay one.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 01:39 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

For $9000, I would keep looking. Personally, I hate when people paint the Z28 stripes on an SS hood. It doesn't have power brakes so it may be 4 wheel drum. But the biggest thing to look for is the way the body was done and you can't do that with pictures. You have to go see a car in person to check the quarter panels to see if they're skins or full quarters or full of bondo. There's a lot of nice cars in CA, so I would take your time and find one you can look at in person.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 02:24 AM
Senior Tech

If you look close at the interior pic, you can see the console is missing the shifter plate. It also looks like the car has the wrong brake pedal too. It's for manual shift, not auto.

I looked at it again, it looks like a 67 console. I'd pass on this car. No telling what else is wrong too.

------------------

Dean

Racer#00

67 Camaro (Almost done!)
76 Trans Am Stock Car
68 Dodge D-100 P/U

[This message has been edited by Racer#00 (edited 01-15-2002).]
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 03:00 AM
Senior Tech

Did you call on this one?

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...8/19024498.htm

You might check the Sac Bee once in awhile. A nice. solid 6-cyl car just sold for $4600.00.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 08:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Tim,
Be careful, you've got the fever real bad. There has been a lot of good advice posted here. There is a 69 6cyl car listed for $1300. here in my neck of the woods (Baltimore,MD). Also look at cars.com lot of good posting there.

Scott

[This message has been edited by cpodeep (edited 01-15-2002).]
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 08:40 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Just some observations....

No pic's are clear enough to get any detail and since this car is photo'd in a junkyard it brings more questions to mind. Lets start with the '67 console... Looking back at the Z11 that DL posted about overseas, the first pic's looked real good and when he went to look at the car, well the rest of his pic's tell the story http://hobbystage.net/camaro/camaro_crew/

It's been re-listed, maybe one of the Texas boys has seen it or knows more about it and will pipe up!!

I agree you have the fever bad!! There's always a Camaro or two popping up around your area. When I was looking Redding had a car or two listed every month. Chico being a college town there's got to be Camaros running around!! StevoCamaro where are you??? If Stevo ever gets back online I bet he'd have you rolling in no time!!

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

[This message has been edited by DjD (edited 01-15-2002).]
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 09:32 AM
Tech Team

check out Yahoo also, that is where I found mine. don`t be in too much of a hurry!!! it will end up costing you in the long run!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 11:52 AM
Senior Tech

$9,000 doesn't seem too bad for how it looks. I wonder how far Texarcana TX is from Abilene TX.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 02:20 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Question

Is it just me or is that car leaning badly to the passenger side? Look closely at the photo of the front end on the lower portion of the page. The paint looks nice but I'll bet htis car was incorrecly pieced together. Who knows what other rigging the current owner did.

Looks like there is a major problem with the suspension (like maybe in need of total replacement) and a host of other problems as well. I would pass on this one unless he is willing to give it up for very low $ (like maybe $5,000).

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 03:24 PM
Senior Tech

The dash looks pieced together also. The Rosewood insert is by the wiper knob indicating a deluxe interior. The Rosewood is missing from the glove box and ash tray side of the dash. That is not a '69 console. That is a brake pedal for a manual trans car in an automatic car. It is smaller because the clutch pedal should be next to it. The master cylinder does not look right also for an SS, but it is too shaded for me to see it well.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Man......you guys are picky .

Seriously though thanks for the advice.

Also, I am not interested in having a "correct" car. I plan on doing plenty of customization myself. So originality or matching numbers etc are not a top priority for me. A clean solid car that is mostly all there is important.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 04:21 PM
JWA
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

I would pass on this car for 9k for the above reasons. Also the dash is for an AC car and I don't see any of the AC stuff under the hood. Plus So Cal is much closer than Texas and I think you could find a better deal closer. Heck I bought my 69 in may of 2k just north of you(Yreka) for $9750 and it came with a fresh BBC drivetrain. Keep you eyes peeled and don't forget local papers like nickelads becuase they cover a lot of ground too (AZ-WA). That is where I found mine. They are online at www.classifieds.net. Good Luck

EDIT: oops they moved: www.nickelads.com
------------------
Jeff
69 SSRS 396(roller 427 )
My Chevs

[This message has been edited by ace841 (edited 01-15-2002).]
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 02, 05:15 PM
Senior Tech

I am from berkeley ca, which isn't to far from where you are, I would DEFINITLY pass on that one, it is real far, not that great, and priced to high, and it definetly looks pieced together, the back wheels look really bad with those tires, You can find a better one for nine grand, that one looks like maybe 6500 at the most, definitly wait till you find that right one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode