Rare Z/28 on ebay? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 02, 11:49 AM
stenn5

Wink

Just when I thought I sorta knew about Camaros along comes a new one to me.LOL http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=600457305
I might have posted this in the wrong place but it is kinda a tech deal. Read the description carfully and see what you think.
hehe
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 02, 12:30 PM
Tech Team

Nice ride but 302s suck dontcha think? The Boss 302, about the same power I'm thinking, did the quarter, back in the day, at 16 sec.
We need 406s and 502s now, forget that weeny 302 crap.

(these comments are the Authors only and do not represent any implied or explict disparaging remarks towards Chevrolet(aka General Motors) or current or previous Camaro Z28-302 or Boss 302 Mustang owners.)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 02, 12:53 PM
Senior Tech

Oh my gosh! A RARE 4 speed in a Z-28!!!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 02, 01:10 PM
Tech Team

Very Rare! It's the only X44 Code Z28 in existence. It must be worth a gillzillion $.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 02, 01:26 PM
Senior Tech

There were actually 2, but the other one was the really, really rare 3 on the tree, with ashe tray delete and one windshield wiper!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 02, 01:59 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
lets see :
X44,rare 302 4-speed combo.,"mystery car".... I'd pass,but it does look good. ( not 20K good) and I like this the most :"dash pad has minor warpage. Attractive after market wood wheel. Exterior: Overall condition would be considered very good condition. Older repaint still shines well. Body still very straight, no major dents or dings. chrome is good, rear window trim has few small dings, 4-5 blisters on car, diameter of a pencil? some minor paint blisters on sail panels, probably from original weld seam? Vehicle is still extremely solid, trunk floor excellent, no repair. floors and underside are very nice. Door seams and fenders very nice, may have had new quarters installed at one time. If so, full quarters were probably used".

------------------
My '68 Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.
[email protected] W/ 2.73POSI.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 02, 02:28 PM
Retired
Jim

Im trying to follow the prices on Camaro's and I just saw a 67 true Yenko SS sell on Barrett's auction in Scotsdale AZ for $110,000 guess all the Camaro's will be increasing in value even more.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 02, 04:13 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to CamaroNOTcamero
why does he ask so many questions in describing it?
they need a sound clip of someone coughing "BS" as you read it.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 02, 05:47 PM
Senior Tech

It must be so RARE that there is not alot of info available. I noticed that it doesnt have the original x-44 mystery car stripe on it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 02, 05:57 PM
Senior Tech

Maybe it was a ZL-1 at one time...who knows...Nice looking car though and he didn't falsely advertise it so more power to him...Hope he gets his reserve...

Gary
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 02, 06:04 PM
SY1
Senior Tech
Dave

obviously another bogus car. Never built a standard Z with black grille, has standard Camaro grille extentions in black, and standard Camaro rear bumperettes to name a few. X44 yes, Z no. But a nice car.

FrankP, I like big block cars too, but by your comments I suspect you've never driven or owned a 302 car. Or a modified 302 anyway. I've taken many 396 SS cars and 400 and 455 firebirds with the 302s. they're a good motor if you build them and drive them right. I'll steal someone elses slogan I saw on here "drive it like you stold it". that's how you get a 302 to run!
Dave
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 02, 07:07 PM
Senior Tech

it might not be original, but is still a very nice car, and worth the price, however if i wanted a stock appearing car, i would want it to be original, not a wantabe, I would rather have that car with a bb and a six speed with four wheel disc, to trade for the stock stuff, for the same price, but thats me
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 02, 01:35 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

7NZ483DZ

Something is not right with number he gives.

That 7 up front leads me to believe he has part of the VIN code and a 7 would indicate the model year. Since that block came out in 69 and ran to 79, it might be a 1977 block.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode