Barret-Jackson Auction - Page 3 - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 02, 09:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

I was wondering if any else cought the A/C vents on the black COPO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 02, 10:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charley

Garage
I saw the AC dash on the Black Copo and therefore assume it is a Clone. This could be like the Burnished Brown COPO that was on Ebay a couple months ago that a Member of this board bought and I assume sold. When Reggie sold the Burnished Brown car a couple years ago it was sold as a Clone for about 22000.00. Later somebody else tries to pass it off as a real car but they keep refering to Reggie . Maybe Reggie sold this one as a Clone also.
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 02, 03:42 PM
Senior Tech
frank

They did say it was no's matching , and they did say its a former Reggie Jackson car so you know its the real thing. Yes I did catch the air dash, I have the whole thing on tape.

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 02, 07:14 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Well you have to remember that the people who buy a car at Barret-Jackson only want the best and rarest cars. They don't care about a street machine type Camaro. It's like going to an Italian restaurant and ordering a taco.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 02, 06:03 PM

Thumbs down

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frankk:
They did say it was no's matching , and they did say its a former Reggie Jackson car so you know its the real thing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't count on that ...

post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 02, 11:31 PM
Tech Team

I think it was a typo....it was suppose to say "no matching"!!
Peter
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 01:34 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Nothing against Reggie, but why do people think that a car is original and documented just because Reggie owned it? He's in it to make money so he's going to do everything he can to make a car look correct and documented.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 02:49 AM
Senior Tech
frank

Jeff H, I know what you are saying, but when the auction commentators actually state "numbers matching" you takethem at their word. Anyways I guess i missed the probability that it was a Clone, there had to be comprling reasons why it fetched 45000 as compared to 73000 for the Hugger Orange one
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 05:31 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frankk:
when the auction commentators actually state "numbers matching" you takethem at their word. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHile this should be true- I wouldn't do it. I have been to a few auctions, and there are PLENTY of opportunities for a pre bid walk around. It's much better to preview it as an educated buyer than take someones word for it. ESPECIALLY for that kind of money- Reggie or not!

"Well you have to remember that the people who buy a car at Barret-Jackson only want the best and rarest cars."

That is true, but if it was the ONLY reason cars sold at Barret Jackson, that Yellow 68 would never have even been picked by the auctioneers to be there. There was alot of cars not seen on Speedvision. THat car sold for what it and cars like it is worth in the real world- not make believe.

post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 07:10 AM
Senior Tech
Mike H

Thumbs down

45-large for a "Copo" with a/c vents, what a joke.....If its a clone, then take the a/c vents out!......If it's not a "correct" clone, then don't call it a Copo. A clone obviously isn't numbers matching, but should be correct otherwise.....
(justmy2cents)

------------------
My '69 Camaro Convertible

[This message has been edited by mr69 (edited 01-24-2002).]
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 12:20 PM
Jeremiah

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by novaderrik:
$160,000 for a 70 LS6 chevelle convert ..yikes.. they said the guy spent 150k on the resto. that is a lot of cash for something that will likely never see the road again..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok guys here we go. I am the guy who bought the LS6 Chevelle convertible, the Berger Z28, the ZL1, the 67 pace car convertible, the LS6 hardtop. These cars are restored to a perfect condition. How can you put a price on that. They are basically works of art. The LS6 Convertible sold for $130,000.00 in 1989 unrestored. Now it has probably been over restored. I have been buying and selling cars for several years and turned my passion in to an internet company www.worldwidemusclecars.com I buy and sell these cars to support my addiction to this hobby. As far as putting these vehicles in a garage and never driving them is a great misconception. I employ several guys who are as pationate about these cars as I am. We take a truck load to several events every month....Super Chevy, Fun Ford, MCA grandnational events, SAAC so that everyone can enjoy these cars. We drive these cars every month to the local car club meetings. Before I started this internet company I worked in the service department of a Chevrolet Dealership making approximately $75,000. a year on average, because of the high demand of these cars my collection has grown to over 65 cars and I get to enjoy these cars everyday. Is this a great country or what?
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 12:26 PM
Jeremiah

By the way guys I did boil the tires off the LS6 Conv. in all gears!!!

[This message has been edited by Jeremiah (edited 01-28-2002).]
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 01:13 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

That's good to hear. I'm worried that by time my 69 Z28 JL8 car is finished, it will be worth too much for me to drive and enjoy. I'm putting every penny I earn into this car so I can't afford to have it lose value. I hope you enjoy the cars.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 07:35 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>By the way guys I did boil the tires off the LS6 convertible in the parking lot......In every gear!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha way to go. Got to drive them!

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 02, 11:50 PM
Tech Team

Congratulations Jeremiah on your purchases. Glad to hear you actually enjoy them. And Jeff H....drive it like you stole it! I race all four of my COPO's at the track and hard. All them have been in the 12's and are restored. That's why they built them!!! You can check my stuff out in MCR in the Pure Stock Drags coverage or on the Dealer Built Racecars show on American Musclecar.
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode