Barret-Jackson Auction - Page 4 - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 02, 01:35 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Pete, I've seen your cars tearing up the 1/4 on tv and in the magazines. Do you run the original engine block in your cars? I'm thinking of putting another block in my car and leaving the original on the stand for safety. The thought of cracking the original block and watching the car lose $10K is a scary thought for me.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 02, 02:20 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

Jeremiah, that Berger Z28 is a stunning car. The 67 pace car is also very nice. You bought some of the cars that I thought were the better examples at the auctions.
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 02, 05:28 AM
Tech Team

Jeff, the Chevelle, Orange Camaro, and Nova all have the original motors in them Admittedly, the last three years I was racing the Nova, I put together a different motor. Local GM dealer wanted to help me out so he gave me all the parts at cost to build it. Took two years to get it faster than the original motor, but I guess it just needed to loosen up, even then it only went a tenth faster. That's why I bought my white COPO Camaro. It did'nt have the original motor so it made the perfect car to race. Since I've put a ZL-1 in it....what a motor!!!! If you can afford it, leave the original on the stand!
Peter

post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 02, 05:37 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by COPO PETE:
Admittedly, the last three years I was racing the Nova, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete-

Are you the owner of that BEAST of a silver Nova that's seen in a few of the Mags in a shootout ?!

from Yenko.net-

"It was entered 5 years straight in the Supercar Showdown heads up pure stock small block class and won every year - 1994 to 1998 inclusive! It was used in the Dec/Jan 1998 Killer COPO Shootout feature in Muscle Car Review and put on the cover. It was used on the cover twice of Chevy High Performance mag, with one being Dec. 1993 in a quick 8 stock Chevy shootout...

where the car ran a 13.33 taking out an LS-6 Chevelle, a 68 Yenko Camaro, and a 427 Biscayne, it being the fastest on regular tires."

That car is the sole reason I bought that Muscle car shootout in that CHP Magazine! It is one of the greatest sleepers that I have ever seen. That is a KICK *** Nova- Kudos to you man!

! Copy a paste the URL for a pic off that site of his raging Nova...along with some additional eye candy :0 !
http://www.yenko.net/features/2001/PS70-4big.jpg

post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 02, 11:02 PM
Tech Team

Thanks JU87! Glad you appreciate my car. I've had a lot of fun with that car and have surprized a lot of people. By the way, that's not me leaning against it!
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode