How Much? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 02, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

I was wondering how much it would cost to get a new rear panel and truck pan welded in to my 69 Camaro(I have both pieces), money is very tight with me, since I'm only 17, Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 02, 10:47 PM
Senior Tech

That's a tough question to answer and depends on a few things. It will certainly be less money if you remove the rear bumper, tail lights, gas tank, etc. before the work starts. How much of the rear floor needs to be replaced? How about the floor extentions? Do you feel capable of doing the finish work after the welding is done? You could save money there, too. Painting is another issue. It would be best to do the complete job at one time, if possible.
I hate to say this but if the trunk floor needs to be replaced, chances are the cabin floor could be in the same shape. You might want to pull the carpet and look, if you haven't done that already.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 02, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I already had new floor pans put in everything is out except for the fuel tank, I been working on this car for almost 2 years now, still haven't been able to drive it though(runs good in the driveway). Almost there, in the putting back together stage, putting the doors, trunk-lid and hood back on, and a few things with the lights and it will be able to roll. Was going to wait about the real panel and try to beat out the dents, but the taillights would never fit in right, so off to the body shop it goes. The trunk seemed to be okay, but I got to scraping and found it had just been re-surfaced, I had bought a new trunk floor for my first 69, and was just going to sell it, but I will probably replace it to since its not in great condition. The car is not even close to being ready to be painted, which doesn't bother me, I can wait until I save my money to get a paint job that will last. I'm just wondering how much patience I should have left. I bought my first 69 about 2 years ago, worked on it for awhile, but found some major problems (rust and bondo everywhere), found a parts car a year ago and have been putting back to together ever since. My parents keep telling me I could be driving around in a air-conditioned car, but I happy with what I bought. Even I have have to drive the junker pick-up until my car gets ready. Oh well I have the rest of my life to drive my Camaro, I guess I can wait a little bit longer, but not too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode