LSx Swap LSx Engines in Non-LSx Vehicles

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 16, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shawn

Garage
LS Swap Radiator Hoses

So as I'm getting closer to firing up the LSX swap one of the items remaining is to get rad hoses. Since I'm in the middle of nowhere Canada I am wondering if anyone has any possible Chevy or equivalent parts numbers for some radiator hoses that would work with my set up. Did a search online to see if I could find anything but no luck.

1969 Camaro X44 LSX376 B8, 6 speed T56, Hooker Header Exhaust, Dakota Digital VHX Gauges, Retrosound Model II

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 16, 02:18 PM
John

Garage
Re: LS Swap Radiator Hoses

I've got the gates #s somewhere that should work.

The top hose is easy the bottom one is tricky

2017 Corvette ZO6 with ZO7 Option
66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 16, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shawn

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
I've got the gates #s somewhere that should work.

The top hose is easy the bottom one is tricky
If you did have those that would be awesome, thanks John. I believe the local parts store in town can get Gates so that would be better than having to make a trip to pick some up from a dealer.

1969 Camaro X44 LSX376 B8, 6 speed T56, Hooker Header Exhaust, Dakota Digital VHX Gauges, Retrosound Model II

Build Thread:

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 16, 03:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

I used a stock 68 camaro v-8 lower on mine, and a 99 tbird v-6 for the upper, sorry i don't have the numbers here at work for them. It looks like you are using the same waterpump and serp setup that i am using.

Hope that helps.

Scott

5.3L LM7, Carb conversion, TKO 5 speed
It's gonna run this year!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 16, 03:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Upper: Gates 22373 (this is a lower hose for something like a Buick LaCrosse, but it's a great fit)

Lower: Dayco 71244 (this a lower hose for some kind of 85-95 Chevy/GMC truck)
U-Shaped return for heater delete: Gates 18743 (this has a 5/8" end and a 3/4" end, it just needs to be cut to length)

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 04:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

I used the part numbers here in post 16 of My 67 Camaro Build/Photos - LS1TECH works great with a stock style Be Cool radiator (1 1/2, 1 3/4 outlets) without any issues.

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shawn

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
Upper: Gates 22373 (this is a lower hose for something like a Buick LaCrosse, but it's a great fit)

Lower: Dayco 71244 (this a lower hose for some kind of 85-95 Chevy/GMC truck)
U-Shaped return for heater delete: Gates 18743 (this has a 5/8" end and a 3/4" end, it just needs to be cut to length)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
I used the part numbers here in post 16 of My 67 Camaro Build/Photos - LS1TECH works great with a stock style Be Cool radiator (1 1/2, 1 3/4 outlets) without any issues.
Thanks guys this is a huge help!

Build Thread:
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 09:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugger View Post
Thanks guys this is a huge help!
No problem. Here's a link to my hoses. I'm also using a BeCool Radiator with the larger lower outlet. I originally tried an 04-06 GTO lower hose, but it was 1 1/2" instead of 1 3/4", and you can see how stressed it was even though I managed to slip it on.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/56-pro...ml#post1812656

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 09:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Hey, I just noticed that your water pump outlet is on the passenger side of the crank pulley, mine is on the drivers side, so my upper part number won't work.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 01:12 PM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Hmmm, I thought LS radiators had both the upper and lower hose outlets on the same side ??? Is this incorrect ??

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shawn

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT View Post
Hmmm, I thought LS radiators had both the upper and lower hose outlets on the same side ??? Is this incorrect ??
I don't know if I know enough to say all the manufacturers that make LS swap specific radiators have the inlet and outlet ports on the passenger side, but any that I have seen are like that. My radiator however is just a universal one from flex-a-lite which wasn't even installed by me, hence no thought of the LS design, and was more concerned with the old small block coolant hose routing.

Build Thread:
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 06:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Post Re: LS Swap Radiator Hoses

I am using the corvette accessories with the corvette water pump and the hoses that I referenced earlier. I am also using a 23 inch Be Cool 67-69 Camaro radiator (big block style). Here are a couple of pictures. Here is the lower hose-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1102
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	145921  

Chris
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 16, 06:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Here is a picture of the upper hose-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1353
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	145929  

Chris
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 17, 10:01 AM
Senior Tech
Ryan

This post is just what I have been looking for. Chris, can you tell me what upper hose that is?

Project: 1968 Camaro 5.3, T56, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, etc.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 17, 10:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Ryan, this is from the LS1tech post listed above. Hope this helps!

A 2 hour foray @ PepBoys led me to these...upper (E)71911 & lower (D)71426CS.
No matter which of the two upper hoses were used, there was a little bending involved to make them fit, and I thought that the hose might suck closed at the bends. Another trip to Advance Auto for a hose containing a long spring. You can buy the cheapest one...the idea being that the spring is removed from THAT hose, then cut in two sections, then each section of spring worked into each bend in your new upper hose. This worked well.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode