3Likes
  • 1 Post By zboss86
  • 2 Post By zboss86

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 17, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

GMPP serpentine kit

I know most of you guys use the vette style system.(19155067)

I was looking at 19155066 because it doesn't hang the A/C way out to the side. I thought it was an Fbody setup, but it's actually a Cadillac CTSV.
It states that it won't work with with production cast iron blocks. Anyone know the reason? I'm also curious if it has the truck, camaro, or vette spacing...
http://paceperformance.com/images/M62948675.png

My Mistress rebuild...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 04:32 AM
John

Garage
Re: GMPP serpentine kit

Compressor won't clear the subframe
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Compressor won't clear the subframe
Correct, it won't clear a stock subframe. But I've seen it work with a notched frame. My subframe is notched and I can move my motor mount back if need be...

I'm mainly curious why it says it won't work with an iron block.

My Mistress rebuild...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 04:49 AM
John

Garage

Looked at the description I don't see where it says won't work with iron block
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 05:04 AM
Team Member
Don

Says here it will not work with LS327 iron block, not all iron blocks:

Chevrolet Performance 19155066: F-Body Style Accessory Drive System With Power Steering, With A/C | JEGS

I am guessing one or more mounting holes are missing.

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

Don, that's what I'm guessing. There's two holes missing on the lower driver side of the iron block. One can be drilled and tapped, the boss is missing all together on the other, so it can't be added. I'm curious if it's one or both of those holes.

My Mistress rebuild...

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 05:16 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Why not use the GM set-up 19257325 for 200 or more bucks less ?? The SD-508 AC compressor doesn't stick out that far does it ?

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373

Last edited by DT; Jan 5th, 17 at 05:27 AM. Reason: GM Part#
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

Donny,
Doesn't the Holly set ups put the compressor on the upper passenger side?

It's not a money issue(not that I have plenty)... I actually have a pretty nice March style track set up. It's a location issue. I'm looking at running a large turbo in the upper passenger side area where the Holley System and most other aftermarket systems place the A/C compressor. I really prefer to put the compressor tucked down low.

My Mistress rebuild...

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 05:58 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss86 View Post
Donny,
Doesn't the Holly set ups put the compressor on the upper passenger side?

It's not a money issue(not that I have plenty)... I actually have a pretty nice March style track set up. It's a location issue. I'm looking at running a large turbo in the upper passenger side area where the Holley System and most other aftermarket systems place the A/C compressor. I really prefer to put the compressor tucked down low.
AAHH, I initially thought the Holley set up was 600, It looks like the 600 kit was actually GM. I was just looking to save you 200 bucks LOL. I see now why you need the A/C lower. How about the truck set-up ? One of the set-ups mount the A/C on the lower pass side, can't remember which though.

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT View Post
AAHH, I initially thought the Holley set up was 600, It looks like the 600 kit was actually GM. I was just looking to save you 200 bucks LOL. I see now why you need the A/C lower. How about the truck set-up ? One of the set-ups mount the A/C on the lower pass side, can't remember which though.
The truck set up throws the alternator above my fender about an inch. I think it's b/c I used half height subframe bushings. I may dig around see if I can find a used 4th gen Fbody kit.
DT likes this.

My Mistress rebuild...

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 11:44 AM
Team Member
Rich

I have the Drive Junky (Drive Junky)front setup on my LS swap, it is very nice and it comes in a high and low setup. Its not the cheapest thing out there but the quality is hard to beat.

Rich

1967 SS350, Under construction.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 17, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20cooled View Post
I have the Drive Junky (Drive Junky)front setup on my LS swap, it is very nice and it comes in a high and low setup. Its not the cheapest thing out there but the quality is hard to beat.

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20cooled View Post
Rich
Rich, that's a good looking kit and I've seen others brag on them. It's probably one of my favorites... But even with the version low mount version, they run the alternator up top.

I'm about dead set on running the 4th gen f-body serpentine set up. I've ordered a dirty dingo lower A/C mount to that runs a Sanden SD7B10 Mini A/C Compressor in the lower quadrant that's will work with the truck, vette, and the F-body offset.
It's a smaller sanden compressor that Vintage air says they run on a lot of their front runner set ups. So if I can make it fit, I'll scrounge up the brackets and stuff from a 4th gen Camaro.
LS swap conversion Gen 3- Gen 4 Low Mount A/C Bracket SD7B10

My Mistress rebuild...

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 17, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

Wanted to post about some things I've read about the GMPP 19155066 kit.
It's advertised the CTSV accessory drive. I've been told it will work with the iron block if you drill/tap one boss on the driver side. It puts the accessories in a similiar configuration as the 4th gen camaros, but.... it has a vette offset. The vette offset will throw the A/C compressor and the Alternator back towards the motor mounts. So even with a notched first gen subframe, your compressor will be extremely close if not hitting the motor mounts. It will hit the holley conversion mounts, it might clear others(doubtful)

My Mistress rebuild...

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 17, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Shad

So, putting alternator and a/c compressor in the lower quadrants isn't for the faint of heart, but it can be done. What I'm looking to try...

2010 accessory drive puts the accessories in a similar configuration, but with the truck offset. Doing this will shift my a/c compressor and alternator further forward. The good thing is, you can still purchase the 2010 accessory brackets/bolts straight through GM.

One thing I did change up was that I bought the dirty dingo A/C relocation bracket that uses the Sanden SD7B10 Mini A/C compressor to get me more room. It will mount the smaller compressor with the vette, 4thgencamaro, or the truck offset.

You can see how tight it is with the Holley Motor mounts. Other relocation mounts with adapter plates that use the big block stands would raise the engine some would provide a lot more room. But I really like how the Holley mounts are designed and they set the engine low. It definitely makes it more of a challenge.

Since that worked, I purchased the 2010 camaro alternator bracket from GM $35 to see how how everything clears on the driver side.
DT and dhutton like this.

My Mistress rebuild...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode