Researching my LS Swap and (I think) I have most "big" items sorted out..although I have a couple questions i cant seem to resolve after hours of searching.
Car is currently running a ZZ4 with a TKO600; both a VERY low miles. Flaming River manual rack and pinion steering.
I am looking at the following:
- LS376..most likely 480. Was going to go 525 but seems the 480 is better street manners
- Car has stock subframe but has a Flaming River manual rack and pinion steering
- TKO600 transmission is virtually new, so will re-use.
- Holley/Hooker Blackheart Engine mount brackets
- Holley/Hooker Blackheart clamshell engine mounts
- Holley/Hooker Blackheart 1¾” mid-length headers
- Holley/Hooker 302-2 oil pan
Two questions right now;
- will the above work with the Flaming River R&P? I'd rather not mess with this setup as it is also new and works well.
- what transmission x-member can be used with the Hooker mounts? (Holley does not list the TKO transmission)
I have the Holley mounts and Hurst Driveline x member, LS3/TKO 600. (NO R and P set-up). Only problem is with exhaust clearance. I'm using the Holley/Hooker headers and the exhaust will hit the x member. You will need a custom exhaust shop to help with this.