Attention - Upcoming Password Changes - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 16, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
John Doe

Garage
Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Quote:
Subject: Your new password for *site name*

Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 16, 01:44 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Let us know if you have any issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 04:22 PM
Test Account
testing

Let me be the first! My user ID DjD can't be accessed at all, it's not recognized or at least tied to any email account that I use so I can't reset the password. This is a test account I created a long time ago so I could see what a basic user sees when I was helping them. I was able to reset the password and get in with it but have no access to UserCP or to send PMs with this account!! Is it possible "DjD" was hijacked and the mail addy changed?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 04:24 PM
Test Account
testing

OK, I can get to userCP now maybe this should go to PM for further conversation...
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 04:30 PM
Senior Tech
-

Worked for me. I also went and created my own password.
I still can't see my avatar on any of my posts, but maybe because I am on a macbook...

Looking for: Original spiral shocks- 3192477(front),3192851(rear)
-An original LOF soft ray windshield
-JIM EDELBROCK CHEVROLET items-Plymouth Michigan (1968-1970)
*looking for DZ block 19L503829 124379L503829
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 04:39 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

The new password guidelines are nuts. You have to have both upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols. That just makes it so I will never remember it. My old password is one I use for several forums. I would like to use it here again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ERIC
67 Convertible, 350CID, TKO600RR, 3.73 Eaton Posi
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 05:00 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Garage

The generated password was alien! I tamed it down to something less freaky, but sure hope my computer will remember it. I must be logged in.

68 Camaro Convertible Turbo Thrift 250 Powerglide
63 Pontiac Catalina 389 Roto Hydromatic
84 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 05:13 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Admin - the password strength requirements are a bit over the top. Who are we hiding from? This is a forum not a bank, I really don't care if someone hacks my account and posts something. Now I have a password I have to write down. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose?

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
2 x 1967 R/T’s
1977 Power Wagon
1978 Li’l Red Express
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 05:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Also noticing after some time I appear to be logged out automatically? Is this a new norm?

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 06:41 PM
Senior Tech
Al

With a silly password requirement like this we should at least be allowed to ****ing cuss w/o a bunch of stupid ****ing asterisks showing up.

EDIT - So much for that idea

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 07:04 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I myself had issues getting in with the emailed password, so I tried to contact admin using the form but the captiva to prove you are human is blocked by our firewalls because its paid advertising from a URL that is blocked on 90% of corporate and federal-secur-net and barracuda nets because it cross jacks data. I was also unable to get a second reset to see if that would work because the same flawed captiva system is in place. Many members have reported issues with the captiva and they should revert to a standard google enter the house numbers you see instead of Flo at progressive ad.

I finally got in using the emailed password but had to flush all my site cookies before I could get in with it. Now I'm afraid if it change it to something I can remember I'll get locked out.

@me @Administrator maybe you can look into that and make an easy contact form that anyone can use not requiring so many hoops as it seems almost everyone is having issues with reset passwords not working.

And also how to disable the auto logoff it has happened twice already while I was in the middle of a replay so it is clearly not recognizing that I'm typing key strokes in a reply, and if you enter the password at the bottom of the reply screen it logs you in, but it deletes your reply so you have to start all over again.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 07:11 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Nobody likes change, but I got the email, clicked the link, and reset my password with no problem.

Don ~ TC Member #15 ~

Don't mess with Texas!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 07:28 PM
Senior Tech
jeff

Pain in the ***

67 RS/SS Conv, 4Sp, Tach and gauges
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 07:33 PM
Tech Team

This is CS. What is this the CIA? NSA? Interpol? All this for a car forum? Not worth it.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 09:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

The site is trying to be more secure with these fancy passwords but it looks like cookies have to be activated if you want to leave and come back to the site. Before cookies didn't need to be activated to come back to the site. Is this the way it's going to be?

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode