5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Hakan

Garage
Photobucket problems?!

Hi,
After more then 11 years as a happy user I, and a huge amount of internet users, today discovered that photobucket.com decided to take action against 3rd party hosting usage as they call it.
This makes all my threads in different forums, including this one.,..... round the world, worthless cause all the pics are gone...
Photobucket.com demands a fee of $399 a year to let the pics be used in forums, homepages and similar.
How can we act to make photobucket reasonable again, suggests?
Otherwise this act is going to kill a lot of good and reliable forums connected to our hobby...

1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 05:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Re: Photobucket problems?!

I just saw this too. As far as I am concerned, they can go pi$$ up a rope. I will never give a cent to a company that attempts to hold customers hostage.

My build thread and others are now pretty much useless. If we could somehow get "rights" or tools to go back and edit posts I would go back and put all the pictures back in. It would be good to hear some thoughts from the Moderators on what can be / should be done.

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 05:13 AM
John

Garage

I just received the email restricting the use off img on forums as well.

I have not looked at my previous threads to see what affect this has.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 05:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Patrick

Never was a very good site. It was slow and full of pop up ads.

Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you car parts which is bout the same thang.
Patrick
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 05:16 AM
John

Garage

Well that's BS. I looked and all the PB imgs posted can not be viewed unless I "update" my account.

I read the Revised Terms and Conditions.

Unbelievable. I'm sure they will lose a ton of members. Which appears to be their intention by forcing free memberships out.

Last edited by Vega$69; Jun 30th, 17 at 05:28 AM.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 06:25 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Garage

I just discovered this, this morning. Unbelievable that they would without notification overnight hold your pictures hostage for "3rd Party Hosting" and in order to restore them on forums you have to pay the unbelievable amount of $400! If they had given notification and if it had been reasonable like say $50-60 I might have paid it, but $400 a year is absurd.

I went through this once before with Imageshack and was able to pull everything I needed off there and move it to Photobucket, then update the links in various forums. Unfortunately with the locked editing on this forum that won't be possible and will render a lot of threads useless.

As far as demands or action against Photobucket, forget it. You agreed to their terms of service when you signed up, it's their sandbox and they can change the rules at anytime, you did read the fine print.............right?

My '69 RS Primer driver project
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Hakan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Well that's BS. I looked and all the PB imgs posted can not be viewed unless I "update" my account.

I read the Revised Terms and Conditions.

Unbelievable. I'm sure they will lose a ton of members. Which appears to be their intention by forcing free memberships out.
Great usp I guess.........................NOT!!

1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built

post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 07:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

this sucks a bunch of my posts are ruined

1969 Camaro 350 EFI 200r4 342 Posi
1991 GMC Syclone #1557
2003 Sierra Stepside RCSB Belltech dropped

MY BUILD THREAD:

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 07:16 AM
John

Garage

Ok

I just posted this img from my PB account and it works. We will see if it stays up

post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 07:24 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Ok

I just posted this img from my PB account and it works. We will see if it stays up

Nope not working. We are screwed unless editing of posts is turned on then I could put all my pics on another hosting site and then edit all the links in my posts. I only have about 200 pics here so would take a little time but could be done, some other guys it would be a huge task.

post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 07:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

Yup... I've done tons of technical "How To's" in numerous forums and now they're all gone. No way I'm even paying $50 a year to have the ability to host a picture. Going to look into alternatives although with a Gold Membership here you can post pix and the best size is supposedly 640 X 480. Sounds small but it probably fits most screens OK.

I also use Google Photos... wonder if that can be used?

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, 030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed, Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition
CompCams XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads, PYPES Full 3" SS Exhaust, Hooker Comp Headers, Wilwood Calipers/MC
JGC Steering Box, Helix Uppers/Lowers, ProForged BJs, SpeedHut Gauges, MOMO Steering Wheel, Budnik 17" Wheels
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 07:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steven

Dont us lifetime fold members have unlimited direct posting of pics without using a hosting site??
One time payment of what $50 ??
I never liked photo bucket and i hope they go out of buisness
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 07:56 AM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57vette View Post
Yup... I've done tons of technical "How To's" in numerous forums and now they're all gone. No way I'm even paying $50 a year to have the ability to host a picture. Going to look into alternatives although with a Gold Membership here you can post pix and the best size is supposedly 640 X 480. Sounds small but it probably fits most screens OK.

I also use Google Photos... wonder if that can be used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamatisg1977 View Post
Dont us lifetime fold members have unlimited direct posting of pics without using a hosting site??
One time payment of what $50 ??
I never liked photo bucket and i hope they go out of business
I as understand the PB revised terms it's $400 a year. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

TC Lifetime is $59.95 and you get 20 mg storage space
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 08:03 AM
Senior Tech
Al

All of my pic's hosted on PB show up fine. I checked
a few threads I believe using PB and they show up.
Matt's pic's do not. Is this possibly a hack of the PB
site trying to extort $$.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 08:14 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanjs View Post
All of my pic's hosted on PB show up fine. I checked
a few threads I believe using PB and they show up.
Matt's pic's do not. Is this possibly a hack of the PB
site trying to extort $$.
Your time is coming, this will affect every PB user. They have changed their terms of service and it started affecting higher bandwidth users a few days ago first.

And yes John it's now $400 a year or $40 a month to unlock your already hosted pics and to continue to use them for hosting.

For the time being I'm leaving mine there to see if there is any change from there end after the fallout of their decision to kill forum boards across the globe. I'm not holding my breath that this will be resolved in a positive manner.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode