deleting heater system - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 02, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Hello everyone,

This summer I am planning on doing a bit of work and having the front end sheetmetal off of my '68 small block Camaro and was curious about removing the heater related items. I am turning the car into a fair weather only driver and am considering ditching the heater.

First, I am confused about the water pump end of the deal and bypassing the to-be-removed heater core. Do I need to run a hose from heater line outlet to inlet on the water pump, or can I just use some plugs where the heater hoses would go?

Second, if anyone has any other info on doing this that may be helpful to someone who hasn't done it before. I am all ears.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 02, 04:01 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

My car has the heater deleted. The heater hose bungs on the water pump and manifold have been plugged.

If I remeber correctly I had to remove my glove box to get at some of the heater box connections and bolts. Luckily someone had already removed the fan and outer firewall parts, so I did not have to remove any sheetmetal to get at it.

I have not yet smoothed my firewall or closed the a/c port. I will add this to my looooooong list of "to do's" this spring .

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 02, 04:21 AM
Senior Tech
William

Heater delete was a factory option on Camaro 1967-68. It is covered in the assembly manual under C48.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 02, 02:05 PM
Senior Tech
dave

keep it all so you can re-place it later if you want to..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 02, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Thanks all.

I am going to have the sheetmetal off thankfully, so I will actually be able to get at the thing! I don't think that pulling the glove box would bother me too terribly much either.

Good to hear that they can be plugged. That is what I was planning on trying to do.

I will definately keep the parts.

What do you think about covering the openings by simply welding in some cut to fit sheet metal? I suppose I would try to butt-weld it in to give it as smooth a look as possible... or I could bolt on a piece of sheet metal to look somewhat like a factory heater delete plate. Any suggestions on this? Also, any more info is always appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode