2600 stall converter in TH350 - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 02, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know if a 2400 to 2600 rpm 10" stall converter will damage a used TH350 that has a shift kit. I don't know what how many miles are on the tranny or if it was rebuilt, but right now with the stock converter it works perfectly fine. I plan to run the car on the street and already have a perma-cool tranny cooler.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 02, 02:53 PM
Senior Tech

If the tranny is in decent shape, it will be fine. Changing the fluid and filter would be a good idea also. Of course, if the tranny is on its last legs the convertor will only help kill it quicker.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 02, 02:55 PM
Senior Tech

Hey, no a stall converter will not hurt a old tranny that has not been rebuilt.my firend put a 3500 in an older th350 and ran it for 2 years, but why spend 250-300 bucks on a converter when for the same money get a good rebuild with a shift kit, i just dropped off a th400 to get rebuilt with a transgo shift kit that you can shift manualy, and or put it in drive and shift on its own, and it will be 300.00, i won't get a converter,(cause i will buy a stall converter)generally a th400 rebuilt with converter is 400- 450 so minus the converter and that will be the price. but if you wanna try it go ahead, and hope you have better luck than me
Jake

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 02, 12:09 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

I wouldn't be afraid to run it. I ran a 2500 stall in a turbo 350 for years, with a b&m shiftkit. Do like Travis said and give it fresh fluid and a filter and you should be fine. Also it's a good idea, when you have the tranny out to replace the rear tailshaft seal, and also, put in a new o-ring around the dip stick.
Is Bambergers still in business over there in Lebanon? I used to work for them over in E-town, years ago.
Bruce
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 02, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Bruce,
Yea, they're still in business. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode