Where to get Best Prices? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 02, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Where can I an I find the best prices on Hooker Headers, Exhaust systems, coil and leaf springs, Autometer gauges? Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 02, 09:23 AM
Senior Tech

My opinion...but, for new stuff,

Hooker headers...Summitt or Jegs

Exhaust system...Summitt or Jeg's

Coils and Leafs...National Parts Depot, or Rick's...but do a search...you may want to spend a bit more for better stuff...perhaps Eaton-Detroit.

Autometer...again, Jeg's or Summitt.

But I don't "love" Jeg's and Summitt...I'll often go to my local speed shop knowing I'll pay 5-10% more because I get to view the product before purchasing and the advice is usually worth a few extra bucks. Others will have differing opinions.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 02, 10:56 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

I think its Summit that has 3-day express delivery for real cheap ($15?). Jeg's used to charge out the butt of faster delivery, but i think they matched Summit's policy.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 02, 08:02 AM
Tech Team

i dont know if it seems this way to you guys, but jegs seems to be about 10-20% more than summit. i get a lot of parts through PAW and northern, they seem to have the best prices.... at least that i know of.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 02, 08:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

My vote is to try PAW first -
They have always given me good service, been accurate about delievery times and stood behind me on anything I've had a question about or had to return to the manufacture for warranty work.
Next are my local speed shops, they will often nearly beat the mail order prices and they forward the parts to me without shipping charges, which offsets the slight price difference.
Last are them other guys, especially for ANYTHING Chrome, it's always Cr_ppy and never fits right.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 02, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks Guys.....
I'm building a 68 coupe with custom weld in frame connectors, Guldstrand mod, ZZ502 and a 700R4 with a 355 12-bolt. Still a few months away from hearing it.
Appreciate the help!

Dave
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 02, 07:49 PM
Senior Tech
Sean

i also like summit or jeg's, but i too find summit cheaper, and i live on the west coast, so stuff comes from nevada and is almost always here in 3 days, no extra charge. also, remember if you find a cheaper part in a mag that summit advertises in, they will match the price, i have done this many times. i will also go to my local speed shops for some things, and i like to support the local busineses, but they do stick it to you on prices. good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode