Reputable Car Mover - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Just received transfer orders from Southern California to Quantico, Virginia.

Need some advice on having my baby (1969 RS) shipped cross country. Have any of you hired any companys to do a similiar move for you? Want to make sure my car makes it cross country without any damage or becoming "lost".

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 12:32 AM
TDW
Senior Tech
Tony

I just had Passport hual one from Maryland to Michigan. 700 plus a 50 dollar tip for driver. Dropped it of on a Sunday afternoon. They did good. Tony
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 01:46 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

http://www.intercitylines.com/ Is a recomended auto shipper. Many people I have respect for use them and recomend them.

I have had my rides moved before by regular house moving companies but you never know with those guys. I went out of the house for a few minutes while they were there packing and some of my Tanqueray gin magicaly left the bottle. I was not thrilled to see them loading my car that I would not see again for a few months. Just something to think about.

-Mark.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 04:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charley

Garage
Call Fred at Concours Transport...253-973-3987. He moves all my stuff. And tell him all Volkswagons are slow.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 05:56 AM
Tech Team

Hey stingr69, I'm one of those "House moving companies" and I always tell my guys, "If you're gonna drink the customers booze, make sure you drink the cheap stuff" All kidding aside, we charge much more for shipping cars with household goods for conveinence and encolosed hauling. I really try to stay away from shipping autos due to the liablilty and dealing with people like myself (read particular car nut). I mean, we won't haul a can of spray paint but it's ok for a half tank bomb in a trailer that reaches 120*+ across the desert?? Anyway, I highly recomend DAS Dependable Auto Shippers, 801 E. Edgar Rd. Linden, NJ 800-626-2505.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 08:05 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Navlone,
I must say the moving company I was working with was VERY careful with my show car Vette. They had me drive it to the warehouse in NY personaly, put it inside a locked chain link cage just big enough for my car and we covered it up for a 3-4 month storage. They documented the cars condition (no condition problems noted at all) and mileage. I handed the keys to the manager and he locked them in a safe. The car was delivered to me without incident at a motel a few blocks away from the main terminal here in AR. The Camaro on the other hand had a 2 page list of various scratches, nicks and imperfections noted when they picked it up, but since it was not able to move under its own power, I was not as concerned about that one.

They did a fine job for me. I hope everyone gets that kind of service. The movers were contractors of United Technologies Carrier Corp as I worked for them at the time. They made sure to do a good job for corporate accounts as big as that one.

-Mark.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 03:36 PM
Senior Tech

1969RS,
I worked for a Ferrari dealer in LaJolla and we used Intercity all the time.....Great transport co.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all very much for the quick responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode