got the r59 installed - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 02, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

In another post I mentioned that I was going to try a battery in the trunk and a r59 under the hood so it would work , well I talked with a friend of mine that told me how to do it , both batterie's are hooked up and it work's great !!! the car will realy whizzzzzz the starter , I really can't see a problem with it , I put the trunk battery in front of the spare tire so you can't even see it with the trunk open , and under the hood now look's fantastic !!! love it , even if the r59 is dead as a door nob my car will still fire right up , this to me is better than a topper ,
total investment after a friend gave me the r59 , found some welding cable at a scrap metal collection place free , bought two battery terminal end's $3.29 , labor $0 , ad's up to a grand totall of $3.29 , earl

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

[This message has been edited by mebe_epp (edited 04-14-2002).]

[This message has been edited by mebe_epp (edited 04-14-2002).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 02, 07:30 AM
Senior Tech
Gary

Way to go. A little American enginuity. Sounds great! So You hooked up the R59 pos and neg as normal, and then tied the pos from the trunk battery into the starter, and ground to the engine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode