QUICK SILVER RATCHET SHIFTER INSTALL - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 02, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Any one ever install a quick silver ratchet shifter in a 69 camaro with a console? I bought one complete and cheap and want to install it but could use some guidance, Any problems, solutions, tips would be appreciated. Also how does a ratchet shifter work? Love the looks of it but didnt consider the fact that it was a ratchet shifter. Also can I down load a diagram for the install from somewhere? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 02, 06:19 PM
xodus921

Mark, I just Started to install the Mega-shifter. I just learned how the ratcheting part works too. Once you get it in drive all you do is pull back or push it forward and it clicks back and stays in place. Kind of hard to explain but cool once you see how it works...

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM cam and intake, Holley 650, Trick flow twisted wedge heads, dynomax headers - TH350[/list]
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 02, 02:59 AM
Senior Tech

Mark,

I have one in my 69 alough I do not have a consol. When in Park you lift up and pull back to get to Reverse. Then back again to Neutral. Pull back on more click and you are in drive (it will drop down into a slot, reverse lock out). You can now pull back and ratchet it down into 2nd and 1st gear, push forward to ratchet back to 2nd and 3rd gear. Also from this drive poisition you can ratchet forward one more time to neutral. In order to move to Park you MUST lift up on the shifter WHILE IN DRIVE NOT NEUTRAL and push all the way forward. You will get used to it real quick. The shifter works OK but I would not buy another one. Mine go a little gummed up over the winter and was sticking in 2nd gear and not shifting to 3rd. I little shot of oil and a few swipes of the tooth brush (not my tooth brush) and it was cured.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode