67 seat belt console clip's - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 5th, 02, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

could anyone with a 67 camaro with console seat belt clip's give me a measurement ?? like bolt hole ?? inche's fron front lip of console ??? or something like that , my car is an early production car and did not come with them , I have a set I took out of a 67 I had before , and mine doe's not have the seat belt retractor's has anyone got any of the dealer installed one's ??? I see them in the book's for sale just wonder if they look and work ok , thank's

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 5th, 02, 04:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
I have a early built car too without the console brackets so I can't help you there. But I did get the retractable belts. They work allright. The only problem, or potential disaster I've noticed is, on the retractable side, which is the door side, the metal end that latchs will tend to lay right on the sill plate when you open the door to get out. 1 swift swing of the door and you've just started sill plate damage. Other than that, they're fine. Oh yeah, no matter where you end up getting them from, make damm sure you wash them first. I had to buy the wife new shorts on a road trip cause the belt got her white cutoffs dirty. Blah, Blah, Blah. Should've heard her. Spewed all over the place. LOL

------------------
Steve
67 396 race car project
67 SS 396,4-sp mothballed for resto
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350, under current resto
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 5th, 02, 11:52 AM
Senior Tech

Thats pretty funny Stevo!! We just put a new set in the 67 RS and so far it seems ok! They look great and work excellent! Our car was gold interior with Std. seat belts so we went to black deluxe! Of course it was pretty easy we had them in stock on the shelf. Anyways so far them seem to be operating well, we even put 3 in the back, don't ask me why, its hard enough to get one person talked into sitting back there!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 5th, 02, 02:56 PM
Senior Tech

I have a '67 console in my '68 (I prefer them, my car isn't original anyway). It has the seat belt clips. The screw hole measures 15 5/8" from the bottom front corner. Also the back side of the bracket has a flat part that is almost parallel to the chrome, 1/8" below it in the back, and 1/16" below in front. Hope this helps, Ron.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 6th, 02, 05:51 AM
Senior Tech
Call me Funk

Send a message via AIM to CFunK
Does anyone have a picture of the clips? I can't visualize what they look like and would like to put a picture up on the website.

-Funk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode