Help w/Electrical connector(s)!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 19th, 02, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Hello all. I am in the process of installing the Auto-Meter gauge pod in my 1969 Camaro console. The problem that I am having is that I would like to install an electrical connector instead of hard wiring the gauges in case I need to remove the console at a later date. I have been searching for an 8 pin socket/flat/ plug style connector that I can wire into the factory harness to allow easy plug-n-play type activity. Does anyone have any idea where I can find an electrical connector? I have been to Radio-Shack and they have nothing remotely close to what I am looking for. I have tried searching on the web but am not having any luck as I apparently do not know the right terminology to locate what I need. I will try and simplify my search with the following statement: I would like to have a plug & receiver for my gauges such as the one you might find on the back of your car stereo.. You would think it would be easy to find such a plug-but it is not! If anyone has any links/leads as to where I can locate this electrical connector, please advise.. My only other alternative is to hard-wire directly into the harness and I would like to avoid that.. Thank You!

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci., T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 wheel disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, console w/AutoMeter gauge package, center mntd. clock, Tach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 19th, 02, 03:16 PM
Bill

Go,
Most of the major ignition system manufacturers, such as Mallory and MSD, have the connectors you need in thier catalogs. Also, Painless Wiring etc. Actually, I am pretty certain that Autometer has them also. If you want to get it locally, look in the Yellow Pages for a "real" electronics parts supply house. Radio Shack does not qualify
Hope this helps,

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Owner
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
1971 Chevelle "Heavy Chevy" original owner
1973 Z-28 ..one family car...Brother bought it new in 73

[This message has been edited by BillK (edited 05-19-2002).]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 19th, 02, 03:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Go69, your search has ended. Jeg's catalog, part number 121-8185 for one of the best 8 pin connector, Deutsch Connectors. I did the same but with other connector I found at work.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

[This message has been edited by ORENCH (edited 05-19-2002).]

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 19th, 02, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thank you to all who responded. The previous reply was correct-my search has ended! I looked up the Jeg's piece and it is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci., T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 wheel disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, console w/AutoMeter gauge package, center mntd. clock, Tach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode