Opinions on color.. - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 02, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Ok I'm still trying to decide on a color for my car. Its a '69 that I'm buiding as a Pro-touring/g-machine. I'm considering the Viper steel grey but can't decide.

My Yahoo site has pix of my car and some of the others cars I've seen (some of th pix and from guys on this website !!!!! Thanks ). It also has the Viper in the grey scheme I was considering..
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/drjdv...src=ph&.view=t

I kind of want to do something different, since every car I've ever owner has been red, but I'm concerned that the grey is just too bland.

I've removed all of the emblems and chrome at the bottom of the doors etc and was considering doing the trim pieces around the windows black with the bumpers still chrome...

Once again , the car is far from original/stock and thats not what I want the car to look like either.

So what do you guys think ????

I considered putting this in Body Shop, but the traffic is too slow in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 02, 04:24 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

Your link doesn't want to work for me so I couldn't see your car. But I say do what you like - especially if its alreadu not stock and do not plan to return it to stock condition.

I just went through the same thing with my 68 (originally a 6 cyl car) so I wasn't worried about "wrecking" a rare car. I went with a base-coat/clear-coat pearl red with a white hockey stripe, 383 fender emblems, and a cowl hood - the way I like it! I am happy with the results and people at cruise-ins seem to like it too.

I will say that I've never been a big fan of gray (kind of bland IMO), but I don't know what you have in mind exactly. I've seen some really awesome looking deep pearl blue's and deep metalic greens that really look nice too if you want to avoid red and other common colors. Whatever you decide, definately do the car the way you want it - you'll be happier in the long run that way.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 02, 06:27 AM
Senior Tech

I think Ralley Green is the coolest color ever made

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 02, 11:08 PM
Senior Tech
Michael

I'll go with 3DUDE and vote for Rallye Green, That's what my '69 is and I LOVE IT!!! If you want to check it out, go to the members listing on this site and look for 1NAST69.

just my 2 cents

------------------
1969 RS/SS CAMARO
350 / 4 spd. Rallye Green
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 02:00 AM
Senior Tech

Where does one find the "the members listing" page(s)?

Cheers,
Rob
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Lets try the link again. I think there was a problem with the file size that yahoo allows for public access ....

http://photos.yahoo.com/drjdvm95
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 09:48 AM
Ren

Well, I know that gray seems to be bland, but that Viper Steel Gray just looks AWESOME. I've seen a local Viper, and pictures of a late model WS6 in that color OMG! It is a very unique color that stands out... perhaps with black stripes?
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 03:35 PM
Senior Tech

I will throw in another vote for Rallye Green. When it came time to paint my car I had never seen a rallye green car and the only place left on my car that was still green was small spot on the firewall. I was not sure how a car would look in that color and it took some time to decide to paint it green. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Erik
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 06:05 PM
Tech Team

I own a '68 Camaro and I just sent it out to the body shop for fiberglass work and primer. I am also in that stage of what color to chose. I had the Viper green in mind from day one until I saw this vehicle. Let me know what you think of this. It is, I believe, I slight bit lighter than the Viper descibed earlier. http://www.cars-on-line.com/67cam7347.html

------------------
1968 Camaro, 383 Stroker, 450hp @5400rpm, 3.73 10-bolt
Lots of body and interior work to do now and it's all
new to me, lots of advice to ask for, thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by 2zMax (edited 06-03-2002).]
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 06:52 PM
Senior Tech
Neal

I vote black.
The car has to be straight!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 10:46 PM
Tech Team

After seeing Stielow's car, I think they look good in gray. I also live in Manteca. I would like to check out you car. Did you do most of the work yourself? Do you have any good references you a body shop? I have a 69 also that I'm going to do the pro-touring thing
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 02, 10:49 PM
Tech Team

Oops, sorry for the goof. It's late, what I meant to say is, do you have any good references on a body shop?
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 02, 12:03 AM
Senior Tech
Michael

Ok Rob, you caught me, it's the MEMBERS XCHANGE section, not the Memebers Listing as I stated previously.

------------------
1969 RS/SS CAMARO
350 / 4 spd. Rallye Green
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 02, 02:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

The other day I saw a BMW Z3 in gray. Reminded me of the old Corvette 'gunmetal gray'. Looked fantastic. I vote for either Viper or BMW gray!

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 02, 03:42 AM
V8
Senior Tech

Yeah i have a grey BMW myself(I tend to brag that its silver ), but You know what...the 18 Inch Hartge machined Aluminum 'Classics' really bring the grey out! I think that is the key with GREY- the wheel selection!!!

Or else- it is a bland color for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode