<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Badcaiman:
Well will be doing my cylinder head(TRICK FLOW 23*) change soon and have a few question...
(1) who make the best head gasket for aluminum cylinder head??
I personally like the Victor Reinz Nitroseal gaskets. They are impreganted with graphite so they are easy on the aluminum, they are .045" thick, and MUCH cheaper than the Felpros.
(2) Anyone running trick flow 23* heads..What do you think of them???
good heads. See sig.
(3) How difficult is it to check pushrod length to determine valvetrain geometry??
anyone know of a site that explains it..Or do the pushrod checkers come with instructions???
Easy to check - no special tools are required. Just manually rotate the engine by hand and watch an intake and an exhaust rocker all the way through one full cycle. The rocker arm tip should stay near the center of the valve tip. If the rocker arm tip rides out toward the edge of the valve tip longer pushrods are usually needed (I've never seen an SBC need shorter pushrods to correct a valve geometry problem). I use stock length on my TFS heads.
(4) Should all bolts be sealed???What type of sealant do I use??(Wouldn't that effect torque values) And do I use sealant anywhere on the head gasket itself around water passages???
Use whatever sealer and torque spec is recommended by the head bolt manufacturer. ARP's come with good instructions and tell you what type of sealer to use. Don't use any sealer on composite head gaskets - only steel shim head gaskets use sealer.
(5) I read somewhere to use assembly lube or motor oil on the head bolts but wouldn't that effect the sealer as well as torque values??...
(6) Anyone know of a web site that has good instructions on a cylinder head change..There got to be one out there somewhere
68 Camaro with 383 small block. ET - 11.9's at 112 mph and never trailered.
10.3:1 KB pistons, Eagle cast crank, 5.7" SIR rods.
Trick Flow 23* heads ported 2.055 intake, 1.6 exhaust.
Comp Cams 282s mechanical cam with 1.6 rockers.
Victor Jr intake and Holley O-3310 carb.
1-3/4" Hedman Headers, full length Flowmaster exhaust.
TH350 trans, 3000 stall, 3.55 gear.
CE subframe connectors, drag shocks, SSM lift bars.