Two of My Main Problems... - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 02, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Well there are two things that are keeping me from driving my camaro (its been 3 weeks since ive used it ). One would be the fact that the radiator i got, i had to use a custom mounting bracket. So now with the custom mounting bracket a friend made up for it.. while it holds it up, it also stops me from puting a electric fan on it (the bracket goes across the front of it. Now the second thing would be that im having heat problems STILL with my car. It overheats at a stop. Now ive tried to put my old clutch fan back on.. but when i did i noticed the bolts i had for my flex fan were to long to get behind the clutch fan and through to bolt on. Its hard to explain but the clutch/fan part impedes the bolt from getting into the hole. Even if i took the fan part off it wouldnt be enough. My only problem with this is if i DONT use that spacer and go with a smaller bolt, the fan will be to far away. Anyone have any ideas of what to do? I have spent so much money on stuff that this is just the icing on the cake. After all that money it works worse then originally (overheating at stops..bad mounting). If i can solve these two problems then ill be fine. I just need some ideas from you guys. Im not very mechanically inclined, but im willing to try some stuff.

So mainly:

1) Is there a pre made radiator mounting for aftermarket radiators (griffen radiator is what i have) So i can mount it the normal way to the radiator support?

2)How in the heck to get that clutch fan on? Am i looking at it backwards or something...does the back end of the clutch part come off?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I have tried and im pretty fed up with it. I dont want to go to some shop that does custom work and dish out the cash. I would rather try myself.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 02, 03:09 PM
Senior Tech
John

Can't help you with the aftermarket radiator...never had one.
The clutch fan should not use the spacer between the clutch and the pulley. It is mounted with four studs (about 1" long) which are threaded into the water pump flange. Then, install the pulley and the fan and use nuts and lock washers on the studs. Do you have the fan shroud installed?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 02, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

yea i have it installed, but i need a new one unfortunatly.. cant believe how much they are. Prob gonna get one from ricksfirst gen along with some other goodies for the car. Thanks for the info btw. Ill prob have this thing all fixed up by today and driving finally. All i really need are radiator supports though. I might be able to make one somehow though...

thanks

kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode