67 Camaro SS\RS - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 02, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

First time post and I am pretty sure this is not the correct forum but if I could get some expert opinions on the worth of a 67 SS\RS I would greatly appreciated it. It is a numbers matching car, 76K orig miles, mechanically perfect, runs very well, interior excellent, exterior paint is original has small dings and 2 larger dings in hood. CA car, no rust at all. Current owner is asking 15K. Is this a fair deal? The Gold Book states that a SS\RS in "good" condition is only worth 10K base plus 1K for RS option package. That seems a bit low to me based on what I am seeing on Ebay and CarCollectorOnline. I just don't want to pay way over what the car might be worth. Many thanks in advance. Pics: http://www.chrisbarrett.net/camaro/chevy15.jpg http://www.chrisbarrett.net/camaro/chevy16.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 02, 04:30 AM
Retired
Jim

Im not sure where Gold book gets their info. but $10k is low in my opinion. It sure looks clean and if all numbers check out and confirm matching, then in my mind $12-$14K is not out of line in todays market. If you can, post the cowl tag number, VIN and axle and tranny numbers in the Tag section here. That will help confirm some dates for you.
I would throw an offer starting at $12k and go from there. Ya never know. Im sure others will have opinions to offer you as well. Hope this give you a little help
good luck
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,Close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 02, 04:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

John, Based on the pictures and if the motor is matching and sound, I agree with click, start at 12k and go from there. Nice car. Remember there are only so many out there and I think the prices will never go down on Ist gen camaros just up... good luck I hope you get it, (looks like my first camaro)...Mike

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 02, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks so far for the opinions. You both offer very sound advice. I neglected to mention in my first post that the guy started out asking 17.5 and I talk him down to 15. I doubt he will go to 12 but you never know. Sounds like the 15 might still be a bit high so maybe I will pass on this one. Click - I posted the vin and cowl tag in the tag section.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode