MoPar vs Chevy - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 02, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

I never understood why Chevy guys think their old muscle cars are so much better than Mopars. Mopar has ruled the muscle car scene since richard petty raced. What was he driving...a Mopar?? The first to put any kind of engine that made sense, the hemi. Chevys body styles come nothing close to the body style of the e body mopar. The lines in the challenger, nothing comes close. And why did chevy copy ford? not like ford makes a difference. Stupid pony cars. I'm saying that you chevy people should give some more respect to the Mopar guys, its not like chevy is making a difference in racing anyway . and its not like the 454 comes close to mopars 440. by the way mopar is a slang term for motor parts.

Thanks your friendly mopar man,
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 02, 07:58 PM

Yo man, u never understood why chevy guys think their muscle cars are so much better than Mopars... well let me spell it out for you... Mopar sucks! And another thing Richard Petty was a great racer, but who cares about NASCAR when it comes to muscle cars. Muscle cars are for dragging and modern day pro-touring... oh and by the way, chevy styling is much better than mopar, hence the fact that the Corvette is celebrating its 50th anniversary next year, and the challenger sucks, expecially 73 challengers with stupid 318's in them. The challenger is simply a big boat that took styling cues from the 69 Camaro and exagerated them immensely and made the car look dumb. The challenger is a decent car but the Camaro owns... so take ur mopar bs and go somewhere else mr. friendly mopar man.
CHEVY RULES..THE 1969 CAMARO IS POSSIBLY THE GREATEST CAR EVER BUILT...
-Yours truly
Ralph

P.S. Mopar is horrible... they should rename it NOpar haha

[This message has been edited by 1969 ES CaMaRo (edited 07-12-2002).]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 02, 08:14 PM
SY1
Senior Tech
Dave

Eric,
Welcome to the forum. It is always nice to get new perspectives on things. I think you'll find many people on the forum enjoy the variety of cars that make up our hobby. Most of use have owned many different makes or still do. I like them all, it keeps the hobby and shows interesting. I think you'll be surprised by some of us too if you give us a chance. For example, I don't like 350s, I've had several, but don't plan on ever owning another. I'll bet you never thought you'd find a first gen Camaro lover admit that! I don't like K cars though, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one for now.

Again welcome and give us a chance, we've probably got more in common than you think, we're all car enthusiants.

Dave

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 02, 08:29 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Sounds like this might be transferred to Bench Racing...

------------------
Don~ ZZ430DropTop
~~~~and~~~~
70 RS/Z28
67 RS/SS Convertible, 70 RS/Z28
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 02, 01:06 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Come on guys!!! DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!! This is a trap!

-Mark.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 02, 02:01 AM
Senior Tech

Eric, I don't know where your coming from but personally, I LOVE THEM ALL !!!
A friend of mine I work with has a 69' Dart with a 440 in it and I help him all the time. A few weeks ago we were at test & tune at Jax, FL racetrack and he pulled the front wheels off the ground at least 3 feet with a 200 lb. shot of nitrous and had to get out of it because he didn't have his wheelie bars on and didn't want to run the tree over. Believe me he got everyones attention!
Bad thing was when the car came down it crunched his aluminum oil pan which he built. This car is a bear to work on. The steering linkage goes through the oil pan. So that ended our night. He also has a 70' Cuda tube chasis car which he may put this motor in and it should go low 5's in the 8th. He is trying to get a Mopar dealer to sponser him and all he wants is a Hemi from them and he'll do the rest.
I just helped him build a 30' X 48' shop with 12' walls next to his house and soon it will have a lift in it for working on race cars.
He is also licensed by IHRA to drive pro modifieds and has been over 200 mph in an OLDSMOBILE !
I will post some pictures of his Dart when we convert them to digital.
This site just happens to be for CAMARO FREAKS ! A few months ago I bought my 3rd first generation Camaro after selling the previuos two some twenty odd years ago and just seeing the car in my garage gives me goose bumps, it doesn't even have to run.
Ask yourself, why was the car choosen to be in the IROC ?
You would have to own one to understand and I've had many muscle cars from all mfgs.
And whoever said this should be moved to bench racing is right.

------------------
Drew

69' X-11 350, Turbo 350, Factory Air, PS, PB, 12 Bolt (410 gear) & NOT AN SS
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 02, 04:23 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Due to the nature of this thread I'll be closing it instead of moving it! It's a fight waiting to happen. I have a bit to say first though.

Ralph - If you were a fish, you would be in someones frying pan about now. I appreciate your dedication to the bowtie but being new here you haven't got the feel for our site yet. The idea here is to avoid the hook even though the worm looks tasty.

Eric - shakey post for your first appearence on our site. If you have a problem with Chevys I can show you the door! If you want to become a contributor and learn a thing or two about 30 plus yr old Camaros stick around but do it with respect. As some of the responses here reflect, maturity is the key around here. If the hobby is to flurish mutual respect is the key, Chevy (Slang for Chevrolet ), Ford, Chrysler doesn't matter if we all don't get along the hobby will parrish!! And light heartedly did you know motors are electric, engines are internal combustion. Chevys use motors to start their internal combustion engines!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode