Mutert, i saw your car in Columbus Goodguys! - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I just wanted to say that I saw you car at the Columbus Goodguys this past weekend. Its a beautiful car. I wanted to talk to you but everytime I walked by the car you weren't there. Anyways, nice car. Did you drive it down? Later, Erik

------------------
68 Camaro RS, Built 355, 274 Comp Cam, Sportsman II Heads 200 c.c. 2.02. Ported to Performer RPM Manifold and 1.75" Headers, 1.5 Roller Rockers, 650 Holley, Steel Crank, 12 Bolt posi with 4.11 Gears, TH350 tranny w/ shift kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 08:23 AM
Tech Team

Did you see a butternut yellow convertible there? I was by the vendors, near the PPG tent. It was the cars first show.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Yes, i did. I think i also saw another camaro behind it and a Chevelle if I remember right. So many cars to keep straight. It was anice convertable. Did youy see the other 68 Camaro, yellow and black with a big block, he had his MSD painted yellow too. He frequents this board all the time. I think his name is MUTERT. Do you ever go the track in Norwalk?

------------------
68 Camaro RS, Built 355, 274 Comp Cam, Sportsman II Heads 200 c.c. 2.02. Ported to Performer RPM Manifold and 1.75" Headers, 1.5 Roller Rockers, 650 Holley, Steel Crank, 12 Bolt posi with 4.11 Gears, TH350 tranny w/ shift kit.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 09:25 AM
Senior Tech

Yeah that was me. Thanks for the compliment on the car. If I wasn't walking around I was sitting back near the building in the shade. There were some awesome cars there. It makes me start to think less of mine, . Did you watch the presentation for 'street maching' and 'street rod' of the year? That was pretty cool.

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 09:26 AM
Tech Team

I am only 3 miles from it. I am out there all the time. My dad owns a machine shop in norwalk and he built over a dozen motors for cars that are their every weekend. I am not yet 16, but i have raced out there before. It was a teen class, i runnered up in it. We know just about everyone out there.

------------------
1968 Camaro Rally Sport Convertible
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

My best friend races in the pro/modified class and few other friends as well. He just had his 347 stroker motor (ford,I KNOW) rebuilt by the NAPA in Wakeman or Norwalk. Are you going to run your car down the track at all? If I had a trailer I would bring mine up for the weekend and some shows but I don't have one yet. Maybe I will run into you sometime. Name some people you know up there and I'll see if I know them. John Gregory, Todd Laugher, Jeff Hura. Ron Berkel, Paul Prunty. Mainly guys from Elyria, because thats were I'm from. Later, Erik

------------------
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Mutert, no I didn't get to watch the presentation, do you remember who won? I know there was nice cars back in the pros picks area. That Studebaker I thought was amazing. I hope it went to somebody who actually drove there car in. Don't get me wrong, being a designer and artist I can appreciate every once of energy that goes into those cars, but I would be horrified to drive some of them. And thats what I like about cars.

------------------
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 09:42 AM
Senior Tech

A orange a white '56 Chevy won 'street machine' of the year. It had a liscense plate that said "572 cube" , it was pretty sweet. The car that won 'street rod' of the year was Bob Rydell's 35 Chevy sedan. I've heard he has an estimated 1.3 million dollars in that car, . He claims he's going to drive it next year.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I saw Cameron Evans (Popular Hot Rodding) talking to the guy with the 55 on Friday and he was saying that car put out 892 horses on the dyno without nitrous. That car is bad and I actually saw them driving it around the fairgrounds but I think it was getting pretty hot because they had to pullover and shut it down for a few. That car was awesome though.

------------------
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 02, 10:23 AM
Senior Tech

Here's a pic of the '56 that won street machine of the year

Here's the million dollar car, that won also:

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 02, 03:28 AM
Tech Team

Erik,
I know the guy who built your friends motor, he is in Wakemen, his name is Chuck Jackson, my dad knows him, we go up thier all the time. He is the guy who polishes crank shafts for us. I didn't know any of those guys you mentioned. How about John Frisch, John Glemza, Ray Neely, Ed Parker, or Larry McGee?

------------------
1968 Camaro Rally Sport Convertible
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 02, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I know Ed Parker, he is from Grove Port down here, if its the same guy. He runs a couple of camaros in the Fastest Street Car Shootouts. I see him every wednesday down here in Columbus at the track. I believe the name of the guy who built my friends Ford motor is Mark Cook. He works at that NAPA. He is one of the guys who got kicked out of Norwalk a few years ago because he was too good. Supposedly he was cheating but they never found anything on his car. Later, Erik

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode