Corvette valve covers on Vortecs or other heads??? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 02, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Forks, PA USA
Posts: 1,011
Does anybody know which or if the old style corvette finned valve covers will fit on any new heads for a 68 camaro 327. I noticed some have offset bolt holes... but can't find any info on them.

maybe like edelbrock performers or gm vortecs??? anybody try this?

1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process. PS/PB, Factory AC

[This message has been edited by JIM68 (edited 07-29-2002).]
JIM68 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 01:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via AIM to Winch Send a message via MSN to Winch
I would think they would fit any head that has straight across bolt patterns. I've always loved those covers. I wished someone made them that had CAMARO spelled out.
Winch is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 06:35 AM
Senior Tech
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,659
Several companies sell adapters to allow you to use old style valve covers on newer heads. Summit and Jegs sell them. If I remember, the adapters are fairly expensive, like $180.
gheatly is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 07:48 AM
Senior Tech
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 446
I have early style valve covers on my vortec heads. The adapters have caused me some problems and some rework.

Black 69 camaro
HOTROD69CAMARO is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 10:10 AM
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6
The Corvette valve covers with the bolt holes offset from each other (not straight across) are for cylinder heads for 1959 and older (I think that's correct, anyway).
Chris67 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 05:36 PM
Tech Team
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 87
GM sells the nice Chrome Ribbed, valve covers (Center-bolt, for newer heads,) with the red bowtie. I like mine. when I got my vortecs I had to do something, glad I got the new ones. they have never leaked and I have had them off about 10 times now in the last year fighting rocker problems.
67electro is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome