Last flowmaster ? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to tl757

As you know at my age my mother still has alot of say in the things I do. She "doesnt wanta loud exhaust" well it will be loud but I dont want to go extreme. If I cant get the Force II is the AT worth it, is it really that loud with the delta flow 40 series mufflers. I dont want to be deaf inside the car and dont want to **** of mom or the neighbors.

Thanks
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 04:21 PM
Senior Tech

Tim, Here's a link to flowmasters site and this is the 40 Delta series, in a rustang though. However, the interior resonance is just like mine
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/we...PerfMuff4.html

The original 40 series has a '69 Camaro with stock 350:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/we...PerfMuff3.html

If you have an external sub are your com-puter they sound good

------------------
Kevin

68 Camaro SS - 383, Edlebrock Performer RPM, Trick Flow 23 degree heads, edlebrock 750cfm carb, dynomax headers, Tremec TKO, 4.10 Posi
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 02, 06:10 PM
Senior Tech
Matt Jones

My mother said my American Thunder was too loud, however, I don't have to worry about her opinion.

You'll be happy with the Force II system, and so should your mom.

------------------
1969 Base Camaro
Vortec 355, Perf. RPM, Demon Carb., TH-400
All sheetmetal is NOS GM
See my NEW webpage at: http://www.geocities.com/compuboy007/

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 02, 01:53 AM
Senior Tech

Ahhh... Just get what you want! When you fire it up and it knocks her over... Say, "Yeah... Good thing I listened to you and got the quiet one!"

Jut kiddin' Broh! See ya' Sat!

Rob
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 02, 04:46 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to CamaroNOTcamero
Check out these: www.racemufflers.com go to "large case mufflers"
here's a quote from them "We designed our large case mufflers to produce maximum power with minimal noise. Steve Bielecki's GTO (pictured) runs 11.40's and the exhaust tone doesn't give it away"
From what i hear these are some damn good mufflers, so your mom and your engine will be happy with them
Flowmasters are designed for sound, so that they sound fast, they only flow 400cfm ea, as compaired to good mufflers which flow 2000cfm.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 02, 03:25 AM
Senior Tech

if she hears some open headers first then she'll think the A/T is pretty quite

I have the A/T on my 67 with a 327 and a big cam,I didn't think it was to bad as long has your not on it to hard,she'll holler pretty good at WOT .

good luck!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 02, 08:25 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

I know this has been discussed before, but CNC is right about Flowmasters having low flow ratings. Someone said Flowmasters were designed using "pulse technology" so that supposedly they flow less during a continuous flow test, but will flow the same as other mufflers on the car.

I was on a Rustang site doing some research for my brother and found that the Rustang crowd has seen flow restrictions using Flowmaster mufflers. Several people with supercharged cars gained a couple of lbs of boost and about 40 rear wheel HP by switching from Flowmasters to the Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers. This was on a 5.0 engine.

------------------
Pearl blue & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 6/10/02 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 02, 04:16 PM
Senior Tech

Just to mix things up... I've grown fond of the Dynomax Super Hemi Turbo's...! I have a friend that has em on his 468 cid 71 Chevelle and he claims that after doing the research they flow as good if not better then the Flowmasters with half the noise!

There going on mine next!

Make Mama proud and keep the neighbors happy!

Good Luck,
Tom
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 02, 05:21 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to CamaroNOTcamero
Thanks guys, i usually get everyone and there neighbors hounding me after that comment "becuase they have flowmasters".
I do my research on each and every part, becuase i dont have the money to buy everything twice, and i've found that dynomax oval racemagnums are the alot better a muffler for less money.
My buddy has them on a 440 mopar with 3" exhaust and 2" tube headers and they are not loud, but they sound nice! Your mom should be happy with them and 2-1/4" or 2-1/2" pipes, there is no need for you to have 3" if you were wondering.
And if you want it quiet then the straightline performance large body mufflers are key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode