93 Indy pace Car - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 02, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Does anyone know if the 1993 Indy Pace Car replicas holding any value? or what there going for? I checked EBay and trader on line, but no real bites. There's some but low milage. I found a clean one, 90,0000 miles, $8k. It has some SLP the owner added, like exhaust and engine mods. Any body have any idea? Thanks.

------------------
Jess - Camaros Limited Nor-Cal
69 Z/28 Lemans Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 02, 04:11 PM
Kevin

Jess, Do you have one that you are trying to sell or looking for one? A buddy of mine might be selling his. It's been garaged for a long time, I think it has less than 10K on it.

Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, 3.55 posi too! Driver

[This message has been edited by KevinW (edited 07-31-2002).]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 02, 04:22 PM
Tech Team

Low milage ones, say under 3,000 miles, are advertised at about 18 - 20 . Please note that I said "advertised". I have been trying to sell my 93 with 1,900 miles for 18.5. Lots of lookers but no takers.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 02, 06:59 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Jess - we have a member in the club that just picked up one with 1500 miles on it. He was at the Bowtie bash with it and the Stinson beach BBQ. I can get you in touch with him if you want. The mileage and the mods are the down side even if it's clean when there seem to be many running around with less than 10K miles on them. What mods have been done to the engine?

I know one of the guys here (Jeff H) seemed to have a hard time selling his 93. If I recall it had a turbo added to it.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 02, 05:44 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

I had a supercharger on my 93 Indy Pace Car and had to remove it to sell the car. My car had 74K miles on it when I sold it about a month and a half ago. I got $10,350 for it which is lower than I would have liked, but that's what the market says it's worth. The one listed with 90K for $8000 falls in line with my car pretty well. The ones listed at $18K and higher don't seem to be selling. I talked to someone who was interested in my car but ended up buying one with 2200 miles for $17K. Hope this info helps.

------------------
Jeff H - Hugger Orange 69 Z28, original factory JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored - 87 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Turbo
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 02, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks for the replies.
DJD - I didn't get into the car that deep, as far as engine mods go. I wanted to see if it was even worth what the guy was asking. It's a super clean car, just alot of miles. Just thought I may have come across a deal or not.
Kevin - Thanks for the responce. I was out one day last week and happened upon this car. Just thought it might make a nice addition.

------------------
Jess - Camaros Limited Nor-Cal
69 Z/28 Lemans Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode