Alluminum Intake Manifold - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 02, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

I have a factory GM alluminum intake manifold that I am considering getting rid of. I am thinking of running a newer style intake. The engine firing order and part number are on it. I have not tried to cross the part number and get details. It has the hole for the oil filler neck. It has been polished and looks good. Also I have a set of old finned alluminum valve covers. They are solid with no holes for oil filler or pcv valve. They are polished also. Any idea what they would be worth. I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I do not have them with me.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 02, 04:24 PM
Senior Tech
TJ

I'm just guessing based on ads I have seen in various papers regarding similar parts, but I figure $80 - $100 for the intake and maybe $30 or so for the valve covers. A pic would really help determine what shape they are in, but as you say, you don't have them with you, heh.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 05:06 AM
Tech Team

What would you take for those valve covers?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 67Rebuild:
I have a factory GM alluminum intake

manifold that I am considering getting rid of. I am thinking of running a newer style intake. The engine firing order and part number are on it. I have not tried to cross the part number and get details. It has the hole for the oil filler neck. It has been polished and looks good. Also I have a set of old finned alluminum valve covers. They are solid with no holes for oil filler or pcv valve. They are polished also. Any idea what they would be worth. I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I do not have them with me.
Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Honestly I wasn't sure what they are worth. That is why I posted on here. I have not decided if I really wanted to get rid of them. I am considering it though. I have pics of the intake and valve covers if you want to see them. I have not figured out how to post pics yet.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 06:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

I'm by no means an expert, but it seems I see manifolds often for $40-$50. AT Carlisle, my brother bought a Perfomer for $40. Is this manifold more desireable? I've paid $30-$40 for various valve covers.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 09:23 AM
Senior Tech
TJ

It also depends on whether you are paying in u.s. dollars or our useless hoser buck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode