Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 02, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Looking to buy a 67 rs from the original ower.Vin # 123377n156642. Tag
st 67 12637 56898
tr 765 r-2
2g 3sol

I checked it out some what and found out it needs a complete floor , both shock towers, new vinyl roof, and one drivers side quarter. I know it's a six with a 3 speed.

engine # f034800g
10b16744
I wonted to know about how much this would be worth.Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 02, 02:50 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Just a guess, maybe $1500-$2000? Does it run/ drive? Sounds like a parts car to me...

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 01:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

Send a message via AIM to Winch Send a message via MSN to Winch
Sounds like a Z28 just waiting to be born LOL

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 02:21 AM
Guess

Up here in the Snow/Salt Belt.... Choptop is right. It probably needs a trunk floor and rear frame rails also.
I paid $500 for mine in the same shape but the floors/trunk/rails had already been replaced.

------------------
Joe
WCA Member
1969 Wallet Crusher
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
My neverending project!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 06:14 AM
Senior Tech
Daniel

Sounds like a lot of work, but that would be a different one. Not many 6 cyl RS cars out there.

------------------
Daniel
CRG
67 RS/SS 350 2004R (owned since 81)
97 V6 5-speed Coupe (work car ordered new)
My Camaro
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 09:52 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Sounds like a cool car to make a sleeper out of with the new TrailBlazer FI straight 6 swap. Probably worth $1500 at the most in the condition you're describing.

------------------
Jeff H - Hugger Orange 69 Z28, original factory JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored - 87 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Turbo
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 02, 01:17 PM
Senior Tech

Camaros are getting harder and harder to find. So the choice comes down to how much work and money you're willing to put into it. It's hard to judge the value without seeing the car and doing a thourough inspection but sounds like the $1500 - $2000 estimate is probably pretty close. As you begin the restoration you'll find lots of things you didn't know about - hidden rust primarily. I like the thought of doing things myself, but eventually realized that I don't want to spend the next 5 years working on the car. As a result I spent about 8 grand on a car that needed minor body work and paint. Driveline is 90%. I know that's the fun part, but for the shape the car is in, I would have to spend another year to get it where it's at now for the same money. I expect once it's drivable, I'll probably tweak the driveline anyway. Carefully inspect the critical support structures like the area between the trunk and back seat. Also look at the rear frame rails etc. If those areas are rusted, you're looking at alot of work and money. Also check for body sag and waveyness in the roof. These problems too can be fixed, but at what cost. Don't be surprised if you end up spending between $10,000 and $15,000 restored and ask yourself if you might want to spend more up front for a better car. Get a Classic Industries catalog and make a big ol list of parts that you think you'll need. Then multiply the cost by pi (3.14) and add a paint job .

-dnult
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 02, 04:36 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 67ss350camaro:
Sounds like a lot of work, but that would be a different one. Not many 6 cyl RS cars out there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think this combo is really that rare?

My 68 RS convertible was originally a 6 cyl 3 speed in the floor. It's now a beefed up 350. I still have and will keep the orignal drive train. I debated long and hard about the swap. I still have to believe I would be able to sell a non-matching HIPO 4 speed for more than the 6 cyl 3 speed + upgrade cost.
Maybe not. Only time will tell and I don't intend to sell anyway. But I sure do enjoy it more now
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 02, 06:26 AM
Senior Tech
Daniel

I did not way that the RS/6 cyl is a rare combo, I just said that you don't see many. For that matter you don't see as many 6 cyl cars as you do V8 cars. This is probably because you and others convert them to V8 cars. Can't blame you though, V8 cars are more fun to drive.

------------------
Daniel
CRG
67 RS/SS 350 2004R (owned since 81)
97 V6 5-speed Coupe (work car ordered new)
My Camaro
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 02, 07:05 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

I shouldn't have used the word "rare", poor choice. I never thought mine was rare but you're probably right about not seeing many of them and I suspect engine swaps account for most of that.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 02, 12:19 PM
Senior Tech

a lot of 67 68 69 camaro six cylinder's are around they just all are now either z/28's or ss 396's with 375 horsepower ,,,,, LOL

I would thnk that car is worth saving , around here where I live you can't find a door handle for a 67 68 or 69 camaro ! I have bought trade paper's and be sitting in the parking lot when they came out , then call about a first gen related item and they say it is either sold or the guy is on his way to get it , in my opinion this day and time a first gen part's car doe's not exist ,

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 02, 12:47 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

What I meant by "parts car" was that it seems to require too much work for cost effectiveness. Therefore if you buy the car you might want to part it out rather than restore it.

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 02, 03:17 PM
Senior Tech

chop you are correct , but nowaday's if it is just a hull someone will restore it !!
it is nowhere near cost effective , but people do it everyday , me included , as someone here on this post said , the first generation camaro bug is a life sentence without parrol !!!

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 02, 03:22 PM
Guess

I'm in the TC Cell Block... cell 69.

Down for life!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 02, 05:43 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

There aren't many typewriters out there anymore either, but that doesn't make them worth more.

There's no demand for 6 cylinder cars - that's why you can pick this one up for a song . . . I'd build it and have some fun!

Since it's an original RS car, in restored condition it might wind up being worth more with a V8 transplant than an original standard optioned V8 car. In other words, IMO changing to a V8 would only increase its value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode