68 camaro 4 sale please help - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 02, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Banned

ok i got a web page with photos i took today of it please go to www.geocities.com/abayachi2/68camaro4sale

basically i have talked it over with my wife, actually its my $$ and she isnt going to nag me about why i want to buy another old car anyways please look at the pictures and tell me if you think its worth $7000 grand i already taked the guy down from 8000, he has a 8month year old girl and his wife wants him to get another car, thats the story i wouldnt never sell my 67 camaro at all ever never no way!!!!!!! well maybe if the $$ was right heheheeh no i mean i wouldnt want to please look at the pictures and tell me if its worth it thanx, i did start the car and visually looked at the engine for any shaking or anything i also tryied to hear how the motor sounded and checked for a miss at the exhust in the back but he says i can get it inspected at the chevy dealer if i wanted to please reply back sorry i cant put the photos on this site but if you double click the link above it should take you there god bless !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 02, 11:20 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

If the body is pretty solid I say it is worth every penny. Before you hand over your cash to this guy, look carefully under the floorboards (under the car) for rust holes. Check the lower quarter panel areas with a magnet (or knock with your kuckles) on either side of the wheel wells. Check the lower rear corners of the rear glass for bubbles of rust. Look inside the trunk (under the floormat) for rust. Lay on your back inside the trunk and look all around for rust, also see if there are any lap welds on the quarters.

Also check the front and rear suspension/ frames for any obvious signs of damage ( like bends, kinks, torch holes/ marks).

Hopefully eveything will check out o.k.

Good luck!

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 02, 12:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

I agree with choptop, if it is sound, and you have the chevy dealer checks out OK, show him $6500. cash. if he says no I,d give him 7K,... 68 matching numbers car with no rust= good deal...Good Luck Mike

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 02, 02:47 PM
Tech Team

Looks like a pretty good car for that money. Do you have a pict of the motor?

------------------
67 Coupe 327
Edelbrock performer package, ported 305 heads w/ 1.94/1.5 valves, screw in studs, summit 1.5 roller rockers, TH350, 10 bolt Pertronix ignition, Hotchkis suspension & sway bar, KYB's, Dynomax headers and exhaust, K&N, Cowl hood
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 02, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

no i didnt take a picture of the motor it would make the seller nervous i think, and i took these during the day when he wasnt there but the engine is stock 327 manifolds distributor, points ect, it looked like he may have a leaky valve cover thats about it from my eye and the car did fire right up and i put my open palm to the tail pipe to try and feel a put put miss but the air hit my hand regualary and he says i can get it checked , the chevy dealer says 2 hours labor but i think its worth it because it does snow and i dont have a lift to check for oil leaks but im sure it is a good deal, isnt it hard to see rust in that picture link especially when the color is rust color hahahahahahha thanx god bless

[This message has been edited by knightmoose2000 (edited 08-18-2002).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode