Headlight Door Vacuum - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 02, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I tried to do a search but found nothing. I am finishing up a 69 that I did not dissamble, and I don't know how the vacuum stuff goes on the headlight doors. Does anyone have picks, or the old book?

Thanks, Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 02, 04:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

Send a message via AIM to Winch Send a message via MSN to Winch
I could describe how my 68 is hooked up for you but I don't have access to a scanner and I believe the 69 is routed a little differently. The 69 has a 1 in 2 out check valve whereas my 68 has a 1 in 1 out. The 69 might have different connections on the reservoir too. Not sure about that one. Let me know if you want it described.

[This message has been edited by Winch (edited 08-27-2002).]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 02, 05:35 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
The best paper I've seen for them is the one that comes with the hose kits (some have the red and green reversed though). I don't have one to refrence for you, wish I did.

Go back and do some more searches as this has been talked about many times. Use "vacuum doors" in the following forums;

General Tech
Troubleshooting
Engine & Drivetrain
and maybe Camaro Tech 2001 & 2002

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 02, 06:10 AM
Senior Tech

RS wiring diagram is available from most of the resto places about 7 or 8 bucks. classic part # L83 ? shows the diagram with color code.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 02, 03:05 PM
Senior Tech
Gary

Instead of spending 7-8 on a RS diagram, spend 20 on an assembly manual. It has the wiring/vacuum hose daigram in it. It's what most of the resto houses photocopy anyway. Best 20 bucks I ever spent!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 02, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the responces. I looked at it more today and found the problem. The switching valve looked to be new, and I guess it was. I could not get vacuum out either side to the open/close ports. I took the valve off so I could look it over and the center and top holes where the hoses go had plastic over them (at the bottom) where no vacuum could get through. I drilled through holding the valve so stuff could fall out, cleaned things up, and it works now.

After just a few minutes of trial and error I got them working. Yes this car has the one in two out check valve, and I did have to switch the hoses to get the open/close correct.

Thanks again for all the info,Larry
www.lnjstreetrods.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 02, 05:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

Send a message via AIM to Winch Send a message via MSN to Winch
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unreal:
Instead of spending 7-8 on a RS diagram, spend 20 on an assembly manual. It has the wiring/vacuum hose daigram in it. It's what most of the resto houses photocopy anyway. Best 20 bucks I ever spent!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need one of those manuals. Is that the Fischer Body manuals I've been reading about elsewhere or are there mone than one kind? I have the GM Chassis Service and Chassis Oberhaul manuals for a 68.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 02, 03:47 PM
Senior Tech

I made some diagrams and sent copies to a few people and helped them fix their problems. I also sent Al an e-mail asking if he would be interested in posting them in the tech section like all the other helpful information but never got a reply back.

Makes no difference to me but this is a frequent topic and would save a lot of people some time.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr brakes,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,MSD 6AL,3200 stall Dynamic converter,3.31:1 posi,Autometer guage pod

[This message has been edited by CA420 (edited 08-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by CA420 (edited 08-28-2002).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode