Original V.S whatever summit ect 67-68 - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 02, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Hello my camaro friends. I have a question, I have a 67 and 68 camaro. The 67 is not really original at all. I mean the interior is but i cant prove to you that i have the original engine or anything. Now my 68 I can prove the numbers match because I HAVE THE ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE MANUAL, on the engine where the block is just adjacent to the fan are the numbers for my engine, the service manual has the vin on all the pages hole punched and it has the tag plate molding i guess you would call it which has everything engraved on it, i.e the VIN, THE ENGINE ## ECT. So its in original condition but I have found out that the R2 color stands for matador RED and actually i cant stand that color. If i change the color to midnight blue with the white bumble bee will whis hurt the value of the car, I didnt buy this car to make money, because I LOVE first generation camaros and the stares are worth every penny, besides I have a very fast MARK VIII so i didnt buy the camaros for racing up and down the street, but i do love them. I mosified the 67 over the years i have had it since i was 18 and im 31 anyways, you know the headers, the engine ripped out and, all kinds of performance crap and 4 bbl carbs and tranny put in from summit, the entire 9 yards, what im getting at, yes the 67 has more BALLS then my 68, but the 68 is in an original state should i configure it to have more balls and paint it what ever color i want. All my older friends that are in their late 50's who actually grew up in that time frame, (i was born in 71) THEY SAY REPAINT IT TO THE ORIGINAL COLOR MATADOR FIRE TRUCK UGLY COLOR MAN red and leave it alone, because people want it original with that slow *** powerglide tranny and 2bbl carb, anyways you get the picture sorry for blabbing please give advice, HAPPY LABOR AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode