What kind of rockers/valv covs. 4 stock booster ? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 02, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Wanting to put a BB in my conv. I plan on building it up as much as possible w/ alum heads & big cubes but realize the level of performance may be limited by the valve cover / stock booster interferance.

The stock booster must stay.

So does anyone know what rocker / stud & lock setup will fit with the old chrome or painted flat valve covers , either that or is there a "known" lift limit for using whatever rockers & locks that'll fit under the old covers ?

Or is there a little taller cover that'll still clear the booster but allow a better rocker setup ?

The objective is 500ci or over , gobs of tire meltin' power , driveability in town & highway and stock appearance with my existing Vintage Air.

Thanx !

RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 02, 10:03 AM
Senior Tech

I'm pretty sure that I've seen somewhere B.B. valve covers available with a "cut out" or sort of indentation so that they clear the booster. I'm sure someone here could tell you more.
T.P.Donaghy.

------------------
http:community.webshots.com/user/tpd67

[This message has been edited by T.P.DONAGHY (edited 09-02-2002).]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 02, 11:38 AM
Senior Tech

could you sneak in a smaller diameter brake booster? to those "in the know" it wouldn't look "right", but to joe public, it wouldn't be out of place. or you could go with manual brakes, and get rid of the problem that way. properly set up, they will do an admirable job of stopping a car.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 02, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks, but no.

As I said, the original booster must stay.

I'm already compromising originality with the Vin.Air.....(even though I re-engineered it so the only thing visible is the compressor, stock blower box in tact, no hoses visible)
.....and radial tires, I'm even doing without a nice stereo because there's no where to hide it (yes, I know about Custom Auto Sound) and I want the original AM-FM in it's hole.

Now with my vision of slipping a BB in would be my 3rd stray from orginiality, much more of this and I won't be able to live with myself.....so no, the original Delco booster stays come Hell or high water. That was the point of the whole post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode