unrestored 67-68 Camaro I6 manual what's it worth? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 02, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

I have the opportunity to buy a 67-68 (not sure what year it is) Camaro from a relative. He has owned the car for over 20 years. Here is the run down. It's got an I6 and manual trans, four wheel drums. It's a little rough but it runs and has minimal rust. Its all original except for the cheap,faded paint job. He's been offered $3500 on the street for it, so I figure he's looking to get something close to that for it. I know it's impossible to give an accurate estimate but those of you that know should be able to give me a "guesstimate" on what it's worth? I appologize if this is the wrong forum for this, just looking for some real world numbers before I offer him any money for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 02, 06:59 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Seems like the price he was offered is pretty accurate. If the body needs very little to restore (just new paint, no metal replacement or rust repair) I would say it is worth every penny of $3,500 or possibly $4,000.

This all depends on what you want to do with the car- are you going to cut it up and turn it into a drag car or turn it into a cruiser/ driver?

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 02, 10:33 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
I agree with the above post. about 35-4000.depends on what you want to do with it.Do a search in your area or on this site and you'll get some numbers.

------------------
My '68 Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.
[email protected] W/ 2.73POSI.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 02, 08:43 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Ask him/her what they will sell it to "you" for. If you plan to keep it and restore it or make nice cruiser out of it tell them this. It would be nice to keep it in the family, this way they can enjoy the car all over again by going on the occasional cruise or to a car show with you. If you plan to buy and resell it, do the right thing and don't let money come between you and family. Give them a fair price or what they are asking. If it's more than you can spend move on.

If your keeping it to restore/hotrod, drive and have fun with I am sure they would love to see it as it progesses through it's rebuild. They will also be a great source of old storys and possible pictures. I have seen some cars at shows that have been passed down and had a photo album of the old owners with the car on vacation at the drag strip and teaching kids how to drive. To me this makes looking at car at show very intresting. You just don't see a nice car you see it as it has lived it's life with its owner/owners. Kinda cool if you ask me. Remeber sentamental value is pricless.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Harrison (edited 09-08-2002).]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 02, 05:07 AM

i agree with joe harrison ask them what they want because you never know what they will say and then once you do that then maybe i will be reasonable enough. but still 3,500 is a very good price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode