Door Glass Adjustment - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 02, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Paul

I have a 69 convertible and I have been trying to adjust the passenger door glass and I just can't get it right. I can't get the glass to come up high enough to make a good seal against the weather stripping. It's pretty close at the front, but about 3/8 off at the back. I have taken the up stops completely out and it still won't come up high enough it seems to run out of room on the crank itself so it can't push it any higher. I have monkied with the tip in.....no help and I have messed with the fore and aft to try and bring the back corner up.

I don't know if I need a new piece of glass or if somehow my top frame is off....Anyone have any tips on glass adjustments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 02, 02:54 AM
Senior Tech

Not to sure about conv.but on my hard top I had to double the double side tape that went between the roof sill.On the hard top I was about 1/8 of an inche off widow all the way to its top.Could have been the new weather strips made small or something so I had to take up the slack.Work fine after that.Is there a sill at the top? Might be where the problem is.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 02, 03:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ken

Send a message via AIM to Winch Send a message via MSN to Winch
I have similar problem on my 68 ragtop. I'm thinking it's more of a top adjustment problem. If the tension cables are too tight won't it cause the top to bow up more which would raise it higher at the back edge of the window?
My top is old and my weatherstripping is real bad. I'm taking it to get an estimate for a new top soon so I'll ask the guy about this to see what he says.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 02, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Paul

I just put my new top on....I had everything adjusted, so that would be the last place that I would look. I think that I need a little more to the upside....what I mean is that I am going to try to put spacers into the track that the window bolts into. Also, I took the metal pieces that hold the rollers and bolt through the window apart a while back.....I'm wondering if there is some play in those....Maybe they can slide a little to get the window a little higher.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 02, 07:18 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

There is a "tilt" adjustment. That sounds like your problem. Look for the 2 slanted holes in the inner door structure with a bolt head in them. They are the adjustment points.

-Mark.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 02, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Paul

I moved the "slant" and I'm out of movement....I can't tilt the rear up any higher. I measured the distance from the top of the window at the front and back to the top frame and they are the same, so I guess the tilt is OK, I just have to come a little higher.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 02, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Paul

I got the back to come up high enough. I had to unbolt the back window track bolt(whatever it's called, the bolt that comes through the glass and through the horizontal track) and mount the bolt on top of the track using a made up bracket. Then I had more than enough upward adjustment. Of course changing that mount point changed the whole dynamic of the window so I had to readjust everything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode