WTK..whereabouts of a '69 RS/Z28 LA car - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 02, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

I'm looking for a particular Camaro that was sold at BJ in the early '90's. It was listed as a '69 RS/Z28, black exterior, black deluxe, a lot of options, and unfortunalty no paperwork. It was a LA car, that was restored. I have a VIN, but would prefer to be emailed if anyone knows of a car fitting that description. Email is "[email protected]" Thanks
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 02, 04:18 PM
Senior Tech
Dana

Sounds like my car but I have owned it since early 90's and I don't believe it ever sold through Barrett-Jackson.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302 & M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, AM/FM, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood. Pic

2002 SS: 35th Anniversary coupe, 6 spd, all GM options plus additional SLP options: 345 hp package, floor and rear hatch mats. Pic

'69 RS-Z/28, 58K miles, all numbers match, POP & Build Sheet, in a barn since 1975. Currently starting restoration. Pic
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 02, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

The car I'm trying to locate had some "special" options...(I'll let you read into it some...or email me...) It was in a large collection, a gentleman from Florida (major Boss 429 fan..). I have also wondered why I didn't buy it then, but kinda worried about lack of documentation. You have a nice car....

[This message has been edited by greg2001 (edited 09-24-2002).]

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 02, 07:12 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Greg - don't take this as rude, it's not meaning to be, it's also coming from me not the site admin. I see this request of yours to be about like this;

Hi guys, I'm looking for something. Has anyone seen it? Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you something I haven't said yet.

Then you added to it!!

It's really something special, someone special had it for a while and I think sold it. You know what I mean by special, e-mail me

I was being very generic but that's to amplify my parental instinct a bit. Are you really wanting to find a car or are you looking for penpals?

If the car went through Barret-Jackson the car's been in the public eye. If it was part of a large collection owned by a boss 427 fan in Fl, it was more than likely in the public eye. Why all the elusiveness? If you want help from the guys here at the site post what you know, that's the best way to go about finding it. Save the missing details for the "I found a watch, if it's yours send me a discription and if it matches I'll return it." ad in the lost and found section.

I'd love to see you find the car,

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 02:35 AM
Senior Tech

Very well put dennis ! If it was in a collection and special. I am sure someone is tracking it and knows were it resides and may be waiting for it to be for sale. We need information if you want help. Roger

------------------
71 camaro Z-28 clone / 67 Z-28
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Fine...it is a JL8, cross ram car...any ideas
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 04:29 AM
Retired
Jim

Maybe Steve McCory has it in his database on LA cars?
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1, Balanced, TRW forged pistons, .30 over, TH-350 auto.,
Dover White,Blue Vinyl top, F&R spoilers,pdb, close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi., A/C, fold down rear seat
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 05:31 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
The CRG www.camaros.org may have it as well. They would most likely need the VIN to verify it's in their database and may not give out it's where-abouts as some info they collect is kept confidential. They might be willing to contact the owner and leave word for you but I don't want to be speaking for them.... The CRG guys are great and help around here all the time. Go through the Tag Team forum and you'll find them and their e-mail address'
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

thanks ...I'll try that as well...BTW..I'm also working on a project concerning '70 Chevelles and the Baltimore plant. Since a ot of guys own both (Chevelles and Camaros) thought I'd mention it. I am working on the transition between L78's and LS6's at the Baltimore plant. The time period would have benn around Nov./Dec. of '69. I have a few buildsheets from around then for both cars, however I'm also needing other Chevelle data, whether base cars or SS's. Any help here appreciated as well.

[This message has been edited by greg2001 (edited 09-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by greg2001 (edited 09-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by greg2001 (edited 09-26-2002).]
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 07:09 AM
Jeff

Are you sure it was black and not frost green there was one sold by BJ in the early

OPTIONS
COLOR - FROST GREEN
CYLINDERS - 8
ENGINE SIZE - 302
VIN - 124379N588527

FULL FRAME OFF RESTORATION ON RUST FREE SOUTHERN CAR, EQUIPPED WITH RARE FACTORY CROSS RAM (DUAL 4BBL CARBURATORS) CORRECT 302 DZ BLOCK, M22 4 SPD TRANSMISSION, DELUX INTERIOR, T GLASS, POWER STERRING, RARE FIBERGLASS HOOD, PERFORMS ABSOULTELY PERFECT. A RARE PIECE OF MUSCLE CAR HISTORY.

------------------
Jeff 67/68(2) & 69 RS's
65 442
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro/index.html
http://www.hawaiianislandcamaros.org
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

I'm sure. It was a factory black car, that was black as well.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 04:15 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Sounds like the JL8 car that was in the USCC magazine a few years back. Do you have those old magazines, I know the owner's name was in there, I can remember it. Email me if you need more help. I've found quite a few of the JL8 cars but that's the only black one I can think of and I'm sure it was an RS.
Go to this web page http://www.classicdreamcars.com/RECENTSALES.html and scroll half way down, they recently sold a black RS Z28 JL8 crossram, that had to be the car.

------------------
Jeff H - Hugger Orange 69 Z28, original factory JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored - 87 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Turbo

[This message has been edited by Jeff H (edited 09-25-2002).]
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 02, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

That might be the same car. I have the VIN number, so I might give them a call, and see if they will confirm. Also did have one email that knows the car, so following up on it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode