67 RS ID help needed - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 02, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I will be checking out a supposed 67 RS convertible tomorrow, 327 auto car. Are there trim tag codes I can check to be positive the car is an RS? Did RS cars come with a 2bbl or were they all 4bbls? Anything else I can check to verify the car is real? The car is apart but I was told everything is there and numbers match. Any value loss because the shifter is on the column? I was told the hideaway headlight parts are there.

------------------
Dave (NY)
66/70 chevelle ss396's
72 chevelle
69/71 camaros
55 chevy prostreet
61 impala bubbletop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 02, 02:57 PM
Tech Team

3L on the cowl tag = RS. They came with 2 and 4 barrel carbs. Console shift would be nicer IMO but column is o.k. Check it out, if the price is right, jump on it!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 02, 07:18 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage
Ratchetman, What would one be looking for on the cowl tag to verify a 68 rs?

Thanks

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 02, 07:22 AM
Jeff

68's can not be verified as a RS SS Z/28 or any of the above combos by looking at the Trim Tag. Research into the cars past owners and paperwork like Build sheets/POP's Window stickers and Physical clues have to be looked for.

------------------
Jeff 67/68(2) & 69 RS's
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro/index.html
http://www.hawaiianislandcamaros.org
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 02, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

This is a 67, not a 68 so the 3L should be there? Going to look at the car later tonight. As I said the car is apart, but supposedly everything is there, so I will be looking for the obvious stuff. Did camaros come with build sheets? Im up on chevelle stuff but not so much with camaros. Are there any parts besides the hideaway stuff that I should make sure are there, that is parts that would be hard to find or high dollar items the car should have to be restored.
---------------
Dave
66/70 chevelle ss396's
72 chevelle
69/71 camaros
55 chevy prostreet
61 impala bubbletop

[This message has been edited by drptop70ss (edited 11-15-2002).]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 02, 11:06 AM
Jeff

3L should be on the tag. Check out the gears for the headlight doors and make sure the electric motors are still there. Record all the VIN/ Trim Tag and partila VIN numbers. Get the numbers off the engine/Tranny and rear end if you can. Build sheets did get put in some cars but as old as they are getting now most have been found but look under the seats in the springs, wadded up under the dash. If the gas tank has been dropped then its most likely been found if it was there. Hood release should be below the front bumper and check for the way the rear back-up lights are punched into the rear tail panel. They should be factory punched and not rough cut.

The block should be either 3892657 or 3903352. If its the 3352 with a partial VIN stamp and Engine suffix in it can you let me know?
Engine suffix for a 327 with auto tranny for 67 would be one of the following ME-MF-MM-MN

Good luck and Hope it works out for you in bringing it home.

------------------
Jeff 67/68(2) & 69 RS's
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro/index.html
http://www.hawaiianislandcamaros.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode