Classic Industries CD manuals? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 02, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

On page 291 of my 2002 Camaro catalog from Classic Industries there is a factory shop manual on CD from Detroit Iron Information Systems. It says the CD contains the chassis service manual, chassis overhaul manual, fisher body manual, and 1964-1972 parts and accessories information. Do any of you own a copy of this CD and can comment on its quality (image resolution, etc)?

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 02, 12:13 PM
Team Member
John

Can't comment on its quality, but it's been my experience that CD manuals are nowhere near as useful as printed manuals when it comes to working on your car or looking for something in particular. If you're working on the car, you pretty much have to print the pages you need anyway; I have a couple of laptops, but I'm not going to park one on the fender while I'm working on the car

Some outfit sent me several "trial" CD manuals last year, and after about an hour of clicking through them, I put them away and haven't touched them since. Some things just work better in print than on a computer screen.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 02, 12:41 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

I have them. If you intend on actualy using them, buy a hard copy. They will cost more but hard copies are actualy useful. The CD has copies of each page but you have to search for the stuff you want and there is no useful table of contents. Imagine loading all those pages one at a time till you find the one you want.

-Mark.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 02, 06:06 AM
Senior Tech

I have one also....I agree....they are useful, but the hard copies are a lot more useful....anyone ever sit a computer on the fender to look how a piece fits together? a book lays on the fender cover quite nicely.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 02, 08:10 AM
Senior Tech
Don

<<anyone ever sit a computer on the fender to look how a piece fits together? >>

Yes I have and a notebook works quite well! LOL

My buddy has a wireless network and we were out in the garage working on his 68 coupe while searching the Camaros.net forums for assistance. Works great, but I agree that I'd prefer to have a hard copy of any manuals.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 02, 11:44 AM
Senior Tech
Gary

i watched ebay for a couple of months and collected all the manuals for about $20-25 total. Search under " 69 fisher body" or "69 chassis manual" or " 69 overhaul manual". That brings up a lot more than "69 Camaro Manual"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 02, 03:39 AM
Senior Tech

Speaking of E Bay, I attempted to buy the CD manuals for the Camaro from a guy in Arizona and I won the bid which only had a couple of hours to go for $15 bucks. I E mailed the seller and ask Is this for a Windows Platform or Mac? I also asked if this is licensed software. I never got a reply after three attempts so I gave up.
A month or so later I see he left negative words about me to the effect I was a "deadbeat" bidder.
Well I fired back some at him asking why he didn't answer my E mails and why he sells pirated software on E bay (which is against their rules). This guy burns CD's for all makes & model cars, so BEWARE.
I didn't pursue it with E Bay but it looks like he has made a lot of money doing this judging by his sales history.
Needless to say, I have never heard from guy.
Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode