Hello, and a few questions - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 02, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Don't know much about "muscle" type cars accept that they are cool and I want one! I've raced SCCA stuff and am currently racing and building sport bikes. Looking to expand into "straight line" stuff a little and was looking for sources of good info as far as what to buy (as far as specific models, quirks w/certain years, etc.) Right now just going on looks I really like the 1st generation camaros. Basically I just wanna fixxer up type job I could somewhat modify and be able to take to the local strip and have fun with but still be able to drive the thing on the street and enjoy that way as well, this sound doable? If so, uhh, where do I start

Sorry for all the general questions. Trying to do things right and take care of my research before I start spending cash this time. ANy help for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 02, 02:05 AM
Guess

Hi Jayburd and WELCOME to Team Camaro. You couldn't have come to a better place for ALL the resources you'll need to get into the "straight line stuff" as well as anything else you could possibly need to know about the First Gen. Camaro.

And yes, it's very doable. You'll find a lot of folks here that built their Camaros for all kinds of driving types.... drag racing, road racing and just plain driving. There's no end to the choices you'll have if you decide to pick up a project First Gen. And the aftermarket industry is filled with resources to help you do exactly what you need to do.

Good luck with your decision and stay tuned!

------------------
Joe
WCA Member
1969 Wallet Crusher
- [email protected]

HwyStar's Garage!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 02, 07:37 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome. I would seek out local car clubs. They usually have info on cars and parts for sale. Also, go to local car shows. Usually there are a few cars for sale and people are real friendly and just love to talk about their cars and what they have done to them.

------------------
1967 RS 327 M3
2001 Black Z28 convertible

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 02, 11:14 AM
Senior Tech

Hi jayburd and welcome from me as well! This site and Camaro Restoration Group are BY FAR the best sites to keep an eye on. I am also a relative newcomer to this site, but have been looking for months. Between these two sites, I have learned more about 1st gen Camaros than I ever thought possible. I have also performed searches on google.com by just entering "1969 Camaro" and found numerous web sites. Good luck with your search and definitely keep watching this site. It is the best.
Oh and I also feel like the 1st gen Camaro is one of the prettiest cars ever built.

Rick
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 02, 01:17 PM
Retired
Jim

Hey Rick when will you post some pics of your DoverWhites? For some reason I like that color
click
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 02, 01:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Look right here at this site for plenty of fixer upers to turn-key show cars. https://www.camaros.net/ads/index.shtml

------------------
Robert Johnson

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)
350ci 700r4 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 02, 04:52 PM
Senior Tech

Jayburd8, I too would like to welcome you to the best site on the planet...! One thing that many have neglected to comment is that there is a great wealth of info at your finger tips by searching keywords within this site. Usually someone here has been there and done that and can save you time and money by avoiding mistakes that others have made and then posted how to achieve the results. Best of luck and happy searching

Regards,
Tom
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 02, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Sounds great. I really appreciate all the responses...I've always said car/motorcycle people are the friendliest around!! I'll probably be lurking in the shaddows for a while checking out the archives and old posts and stuff, plus I have a lot of new terminology to learn it looks like...take care..

J
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 02, 04:18 AM
Retired
Jim

Terminology? VROOOOOOOMMMMMMM sounds the same everywhere doesnt it?
welcome
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1, Balanced, TRW forged pistons, .30 over, TH-350 auto.,
Dover White,Blue Vinyl top, F&R spoilers,pdb, close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi., A/C, fold down rear seat
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode