Spark Plug Wire Routing - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 02, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I've upgraded my plug wires to Accel 300+ 8.8mm Race wires on my 350 engine. I'm trying to figure the best way to route the wires for appearance. I have an hei ignition and have figured out the best lenght wires for each plug position. After all is said and done, the number 6 and 8 wires are very long. Since there is absolutely no room between the firewall and distributor cap to route the wires, the number 2 and 3 wires have to cross over in front of the distributor to reach their destination on the cap. Has anyone had these same problems or could anyone offer a solution. I want a nice clean look and I want to put all the wires in wire looms and either run them over top the valve covers or along the bottom side of the covers. Anyone have pictures of 350's with different wire routing setups that could give me some possible ideas. Thanks! Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 02, 09:56 PM
Senior Tech
Cameron

Take a look at the link in my signature. I also have Accel wires that were the "cut to lenght" type. That was the only way that I could get the wires to fit like I wanted. The brackets that bolt to the valve covers were $10 or less at Advance Auto Parts. The rest of the separators came with the wires.

------------------
69 Camaro
400 Small Block
Trick Flow Heads
Comp 282S solid cam
Performer RPM intake
750 CFM Holley
and a Muncie four speed
Pics of My Car
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 02, 05:02 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Bill - I think the trick with the the large body GM HEI is to route the 2 wires that cross to the opposite side under the cap. 3 under the back and 2 under the front.

Cameron - I like the look under your hood. The painted VC's are a cool contrast to the alum heads and intake.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 our local club"
and the "daily driver"

[This message has been edited by DjD (edited 12-16-2002).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode