camaro radiator support vs. nova radiator support - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2002 General Tech questions from 2002
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 02, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I have a big block that I plan on putting in a 69 camaro that I am currently putting quarters on along with other paint and body restorations.I am going to have to buy a new 4 core radiator for the camaro but in the meantime I was thinking about putting the motor in a cherry 68 nova that I have just sitting there. My question is the camaro radiator mounts on the sides to the radiator support and the nova has the metal piece on the bottom of the radiator support that the radiator sets in and another metal piece that fits over the top of the radiator.There are not any holes in the nova support to mount the radiator like in the camaro.Did the big block nova's have a different type radiator support? I could drill holes in the nova support but i really don't want to if I can help it. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 02, 11:57 AM
Senior Tech

I hope someone can give you a difinitive answer. Until then I want to offer up something I just learned about (or acutally forgot about). Most salvage yards have a set of 'Hollander' books which cross-reference manufacturers parts. You can look up your current model (or desired model) and it will tell you what other vehicles have the same compoenent. However it is misleading at times. For example the hollander book states that Camaro's, Nova's and Ventura II all share the same subgrame from 68 until 72. What I found out was that actually 68 to 74 are compatable with minor modifications. The two frame series' are listed as Hollander number 2041 and 2042 respectively. In other words, just cause the hollander book says it isn't so don't make it so. The adjacent part numbers were a bit of a hint though.

-dnult
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode