Team Camaro Tech banner

Locks for hoods

8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Everett#2390 
#1 ·
Hi. I recently bought a high performance 350. Since i have put so much money in my car i am getting scared that someone will take my stuff from my car. My hood does not lock at all anybody can just feel around the outside of it and open it up easily. So my question is are there any availible lock kits out there for old hoods?Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

#3 ·
I saw a guy who had a cable and Master lock setup to secure his hood. He was using an RS release lever and had the cable hooked to the support, then looped it through the hood bracket somehow and locked it back to the support (reached through the lower valence panel- gotta have long arms!). Hard to unlock and no way to get the hood open without bolt or cable cutters!

#7 ·
I used a length of chain and a Master key lock.

Bolted the end of the chain to a bolt on the hood post and wrapped the loose end around the center post connecting the latch and the bottom of the valance.

Then to unlock & lock, reach through the valance openings to access the lock.

As said, keeps honest people honest, but I got tired of replacing the battery every two-three months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.