Team Camaro Tech - View Single Post - Centerforce clutch/pressure plate vibration question?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 14, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
NH69Z28RS
Senior Tech
Scott

Re: Centerforce clutch/pressure plate vibration question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdld17 View Post
I would check to see if all weights are on the finger ring. If one is missing , that could be your problem. I have run the CFII single disc set up for over 10 years , never a problem but I feel guilty as before I was always swapping to other name brand stuff.
Don, when I had it apart two seasons ago I cleaned and inspected all parts. I didn't count how many weights were on the pressure plate finger ring but I did take some photographs that I could look back at. Any idea how many weights should be there?

I wish I had another non-weighted pressure plate laying around that I could swap out to see if the vibration changes, that still wouldn't answer the question if it's the weight system Centerforce uses or just a poorly balanced setup though.

I also wonder if it's a case of the weights sticking in an out of balance location at times. I live in the northeast so we see all kinds of weather, with that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if a weighted system pressure plate like this is not such a great solution for the area I live...

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome