astro vents - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 07, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

astro vents

before i decide to replace the old dash vents in my 69, i was wondering if this was going to be a major project or not. any special tricks or tips that i should be aware of...thanks in advance al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 07, 05:29 PM
Kevin

Re: astro vents

Al, no trick, just some work. You must remove the glove box, dash pad, lower the steering column and take the screws out of the instrument panel (to tilt it back). This is to just get to the assemblies that hold the vents in. Make sure you check (and probably replace) the felt that keeps the vents from flopping around. Install in reverse order.

make sure you do not tighten the instrument panel screws too much or you will break or split the plastic molded screw towers.

Welcome to another NJer!

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 07, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

thanks kevin. i think i will wait for warmer weather. by the way, i'm right in freehold

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 07, 05:43 PM
Kevin

Hey neighbor! You been to the Jackson outlets cruise nights?

Kevin

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 07, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

i have not. when do they start and what night. freehold has one on thursdays during the summer. i will be at this years swap meet also in your town
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 07, 06:00 PM
Kevin

Al, Here is the info from the car club that runs the event, Anywhere from 500 cars (rainy May) to 1200+ cars (nice July night)

http://www.fossilscarclub.com/cruisenight.html

Here is a site with some pics

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature...how/05fossils/

Here are some pics from a couple of years ago (car is in the shop presently)

Here is a good web site for NJ car shows and cruise nights. They have not updated it for 2007 yet.

http://www.njcarshow.com/

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode