Replacing heater core and blower housing - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
TB

Replacing heater core and blower housing

Hi All, I am a rookie so please cut me some slack . I am currently doing a complete re-build of my 68 RS. I am replacing my SBC and am putting a BBC in it's place having challenges removing the blower housing. I have removed the core from inside the car and refurbed the heater box. Now I am trying to remove the blower case from within the engine compartment. I have lossened the the lower fender bolt and tried to use the 2x4 method on the inner fender well to remove the housing, but the blower motor gets in the way. Will I have to remove the fender to finish this job? If so is that easy to mess up? Trying to finish this job so I can paint my engine bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Replacing heater core and blower housing

You will have to remove something to gain room. The 2X4 method is not enough room.

Some remove all the inner fender bolts and let it drop to the upper control arm and give room. Others remove the fender/inner fender as one. Both are about the same amount of time.

I would probably do the inner fender.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
TB

Re: Replacing heater core and blower housing

Thanks for the info. So I should remove all of the inner fender bolts and just drop it down. Looking at it, do I need to remove core support etc? looks like it's all bolter together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode