Team Camaro Tech banner

Replacing heater core and blower housing

949 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  68BBRS 
#1 ·
Hi All, I am a rookie so please cut me some slack :). I am currently doing a complete re-build of my 68 RS. I am replacing my SBC and am putting a BBC in it's place having challenges removing the blower housing. I have removed the core from inside the car and refurbed the heater box. Now I am trying to remove the blower case from within the engine compartment. I have lossened the the lower fender bolt and tried to use the 2x4 method on the inner fender well to remove the housing, but the blower motor gets in the way. Will I have to remove the fender to finish this job? If so is that easy to mess up? Trying to finish this job so I can paint my engine bay.

#2 ·
You will have to remove something to gain room. The 2X4 method is not enough room.

Some remove all the inner fender bolts and let it drop to the upper control arm and give room. Others remove the fender/inner fender as one. Both are about the same amount of time.

I would probably do the inner fender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.