Stainless radiator hoses????????? - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 07, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Stainless radiator hoses?????????

Anyone having any problems using stainless upper/lower radiator hoses, (the kind Spectre, Summit, Jegs, etc. sells in a kit with hose adapters) ? I want to use them, but, I want to see if there are problems associated with them. Thanks in advance for your input..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 07, 02:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Stainless radiator hoses?????????

I use them, spectre I think, no problems. I did have to get a billet swivel thermostat housing to keep the upper hose off my drivers side alternator in the 68, but nuttin wrong with a lil billet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 07, 02:50 PM
Senior Tech
Frank

We use them quite often. One thing to be careful of no matter what the brand. If you have to use one of the rubber sleeves that go in the rubber ends to neck down to the inlet / outlet size you need. Be sure to squirt a little black Super Weatherstrip adheisive between the rubber bushing and the outer rubber connector. The hose ends have a bad tendancy of blowing off one slick surface to the other between the bushing and the outer hose with no glue bond. And unfortunatly, most times they do it when they are hot or over heating, pressure is up, and you are looking under the hood trying to figure out what is wrong. I do not have to tell you the rest do I.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 07, 03:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

lol Frank! sounds messy. Just buy the right size hose. Top is inch and a half, bottom is inch and three quata!

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 07, 04:33 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

My upper was defective and leaked...lower worked fine. They look nice.

His and Hers Marina blue 67's
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 07, 05:02 AM

I have had the sprecta on my car for about 1 1/2 years with no problems at all. All were purchased from Summit.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 07, 08:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Strick

I have had many brands, and even had the issue happen to me that Prodigy mentioned (on my '36 Ford). Get the right hoses and you should be good to look good.

Strick
'67 'Vert (408" SBC), V-Rod, Street Glide, and too many other motorcycles to list.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

My motor is in and running!!!!!!!!! I bought the braided stainless in 1-3/4" and 1-1/2" from Summit, they work great, no leaks, and look great,too. Thanks for the recommendations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode