Need fan shroud for Be Cool radiator - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Need fan shroud for Be Cool radiator

Where can i get a shroud to fit my Becool radiator.I have a 69 camaro small block with a long water pump.I am going to put a Vintage Air system in and they reccomend a fan shroud.I also get a little warm when i am idleing for long periods of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 03:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

Re: Need fan shroud for Be Cool radiator

Hope someone has a good answer because I'm looking too. I couldn't find an aftermarket shroud that looked good to me and had a chance of fitting without major mods. When I put the BeCool in, I used the stock SBC shroud. It doesn't cover the entire cooling area on the sides but does fit top to bottom and works fine with the long water pump setup. I also have a March system but don't think it matters since the length is the same with the long pump. I ended up using a 17in flex fan and a two inch spacer (Note: Measure fan size first, then buy the fan unless you need a brand new fan to hang on your wall as decoration). There's about about 3/4" clearance at the closest point between fan and shroud and it's never hit. If you mount the radiator so the top of the radiator is level with the radiator support, then everything lines up for the top bolt on the stock shroud support. For piece of mind and looks, I used a SS round-head hex bolt and locking nut/washer for the top mount. This seem like a good idea rather than just relying on a bolt into plastics to hod the whole assembly in place. For the bottom, I fabbed an "L" bracket from aluminum to hold it in place. Drilled two holes to hold the bracket in place on the shroud and then put Dynamat on the bracket where it touched the radiator. I've been running it for about two years with no problems with either the shroud setup or radiator. FYI, I have the 327 stock frame mounts and use aftermarket two-piece motor mounts. Another frame/motor mount setup may be different. I'd rather have something that looks better, but this works and isn't overly offensive to my eye. Purists of course, have a completely different opinion and have shared that opinion on a few occasions.

Jack Eggers
67 Camaro, Blue, 327, 4L60E, Dana 60
10 Camaro 2LT RS, IBM, V6, Auto
10 Tundra Crew Cab, Silver, V8, Auto
16 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue, A8
17 ZL1, Hyper Blue, M6
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 05:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

I thought a member here (JimM or Click) had a shroud made. A search may find it or they may see this. It was very nice.

Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv therapy program, Autogear M22, 8-pt cage, with a new 410! SOLD
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
67 Belair with perfect floors, pinchwelds and firewall. Hmmm!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 05:42 PM
Retired
Jim

JimM had one made, he is on vacation with family and wont be back online till probably Sunday

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 06:56 PM
Senior Tech
Dan

Here is the place that made Jim's......Not positive what he paid, but another TC member just got quoted $250.00....they look really sweet..

http://www.mahaffeymotorsports.com/FanShrouds.htm

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode