BeCool Aluminum Radiator - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 07, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Charlie

BeCool Aluminum Radiator

I just installed my BeCool aluminum radiator with a new Flex-A-Lite electric fan. The Flex-A-Lite number FLE-180. It has its own shroud and the fan it replaced does not. The fan I took off is rated at 3985cfm, but the fan I replaced it with feels like it's puting out more cfm. I assume it's because of the shroud. Let me tell you there's nothing more pretty than an aluminum radiator gleaming through the grille. I just hope it's as or more efficiant than the OEM 3 core I took off. Also, I only could install three of the four mounting bolts in the radiator. Do you think I will have a problem with only three? The radiator felt pretty secure with three. I could have put the fourth in, but that would have meant drilling a new hole in my radiator support. The only thing left is to get a new overflow bottle to replace the ugly a&& plastic one and a new shiny cap. Can the overflow be mounted anywhere? Does it matter how long the hose is that connects the radiator and the overflow? Thanks in advance.

Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 07, 09:10 AM
Senior Tech
Dano

Re: BeCool Aluminum Radiator

Charlie,
I agree, aluminum rads looks great! As for the 3 bolts vs. 4... It's always better to secure the rad with all 4 bolts (for safety if nothing else), if you think that 3 will hold it just fine, then it probably will. But, If the single bolt every gave way, it could make for a bad mess . As for the shroud...YES, it greatly helps to direct the air right to the radiator. I use an aluminum aftermarket overflow on my 69 car. I mounted it to the rad support (front side). I used less than a foot of hose going to the overflow hose. I get alot of folks asking "what the metal tube thing is ?" I have seen different lengths of the aftermarket overflow pieces. I went with a "medium length" piece. Seems to work great.
Dano

If you can't see the bright side of life, try polishing the dull side...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 07, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Charlie

You have yours mounted in front of the radiator? Is your car an RS? Mine is and it sucks in that I don't have too much room in front due to the doors swinging open. That's why I asked about the length of the hose. I may have to mount the overflow somewhere off to the side.

Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 07, 06:37 PM
Senior Tech
Dano

The RS doors, air tank etc would be a problem, although the overflow tanks are pretty small. I don't think it would hurt to have a longer oberflow hose. It will draw and put back as needed... Maybe someone else will chime in. Good luck!
Dano

If you can't see the bright side of life, try polishing the dull side...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode